Author Topic: Fianally back on-line  (Read 530 times)

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
Fianally back on-line
« on: July 08, 2006, 12:52:40 PM »

Hi Guys..

Got my DSL connection back up..and my computer hooked back up..The past 5 weeks of remodeling my home has been a royal pain...but the worst is over for now.I still have a bunch of small jobs to finish and 1 major one left to go..I have to finish dry walling my reloading room and getting all of that set up..but that won't be as bad as what I just finished..Hopefully I'll have it all done by the end of the month...I have a bunch of shooting and testing to do with a couple of 25-06 barrels and my 338-06...Man...I see Matt has been very busy staving off the Hackers..and has given us a whole new fresh look to the forum..Nice job Matt..

Mac

You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Fianally back on-line
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 01:15:28 PM »
Welcome back Mac!!! :)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline dodd3

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 01:38:48 PM »
Welcome back Mac.
bernie :D
if its feral its in peril

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 01:53:36 PM »
Welcome back buddy , you gota post some pic's of the remodel job so we can see what is more inportant than us . ;D
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006, 03:18:04 PM »
Welcome back!!  :)
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 04:53:24 PM »
Been a long time ;D Good to see you back online again. Did I see "couple of 25-06 barrels" in your post..as in plural?  8)
-Aaron

Offline VTDW

• A Real Regular
    • http://www.geocities.com/vtdw336/great_outdoors.html
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 12:38:52 AM »
Good to see you back with us Mac.  Thank you sooooo much for your advice and input for my .243 and the granddaughter shooting/hunting with 'papa'.  You Da Man!!!

Dave 8)
www.marlinowners.com
How did I get over the hill without getting to the top?

http://photobucket.com/albums/v354/vtdw1/

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2006, 07:58:37 AM »
Stimpy:

I'll post some pictures of everything when it's all done...I've got the majority of it done..but not everything...so I can share a little of what's kept me away..I remodled on 3 of the 4 levels of my house..I put in a new kitchen,family room,home theater,reloading room,and walk-in closets...The kitchen was a royal pain..but well worth the extra hassle..the family room turned out great,and my lovely wife even insisted on me hanging my first deer mount above the  enertainment center :o..The lower level Home theater is awsome..and the kids are loving it,and we finally have storage space for everything now with the huge walk-in I put in...I got quite a bit done in 5 weeks..more-so than I thought I would...anyone who has remodled a home they are living in can attest to the mess and hassle in taking on this type of project..

myarmor...

Yup..you read correctly..ole Quickdtoo was kind enough to part with a supurb barrel to me he aquired recently..so I can now do a side-by-side comparison of the 2.....My new extractor barrel and the new one from Quick..which has only 12 shots through it..it's one of the last polished blued ejector barrels that came off a Limited Ultra...it's very sweet..and locks up peferctly on my 338-06 frame..The reason for the side-by-side shoot off..is my new extractor barrel is going through the Moly Fusion treatments right now..and I want to see just how good this product is..I can say with just 2 treatments of the recommended minimun of 3 it is already 100 times easier to clean..I'll have a complete run down on it later this month for everyone..

VTDW...

Glad to help out..I hope she become a very successful hunter..and with you there to guide her along the correct path..I'm quite sure she will..

Mac

Offline Fred M

• GBO Supporter
    • Fred The Reloader and Wildcatter
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 06:59:35 PM »
Hi Mac.
Welcome back. Seams like you went into construction big time. I just got back from a 14 day fishing trip from way up north. Fishing for Chinook Salmon, catch and release for all days except the last two to catch four big ones to take home.

My 6x47 quit shooting well  :'(, seams like the latch is moving on a relaxed spring???? Too much shooting???
One thing about Handis, they keep you busy. Though the gopher season is over and I have all year to fix it up again. I need to get another batch of latch springs.

Its time to get the deer rifles tuned up again anyhow. That 375 Winchester is one heck of a shooting rifle with 200 gr Factory loads.
Fred M.
From Alberta Canada.

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2006, 08:03:35 PM »

Hey Fred

Yup..the home remodeling turned out to be a bigger project than inititally planned...My original plan was to to replace 100 feet of retaining wall..restain the deck and rescreen the porch..and revamp my reloading room..so far just the porch and reloading room have been started ::)...I really hadn't planned on doing this much..but I'm glad I did..I really like the changes...I'm pulling wire for all the recepticles this morning in the reloading room..So I'll be able to insulated the perimiter walls and start dry walling this weekend in here..and hopefully start setting up the benches next week...like they say..." Slow but Sure" :D

Sorry to hear about your 6x47..I might have one of those springs I got from you last year if you need one back...Has the steel bedding by the hinge started compressing on you???? I remember you saying last year it might ...I was just wordering......If you do need the spring....it will take me a while to get to it..it's packed away with all my other reloading equipment..Let me know..

Mac

Offline Norseman112

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 09:56:42 AM »
Good to see you back Mac,
That remodeling is a lot of work. My boys and I have been doing that here also. I am glad to see that you will be able to get some range time soon.

John

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2006, 01:23:38 PM »

Thanks John:

The physical labor isn't so bad...I'm quite use to doing that..but..I've had a ton of problems with some of the sub-contracting that has been done..and with Sears on just about every new appliance I purchased >:(  Having to spend a full 3 days calling C/S with them and only getting a run-around until this afternoon was really chapping my hide...I finnally got to speak with a manager at the National level today...now we will wait and see if it was somemore sunshine being blown upwards.....

Sooner or later I'll get it all done..then I can start having fun again..