Author Topic: nef/h&r for trap shooting?  (Read 592 times)

Offline waltcowan

• Trade Count: (0)
nef/h&r for trap shooting?
« on: July 18, 2006, 03:32:22 PM »
anyone here use their nef/h&r for trap shooting? if so, how offen, what loads and how durable has it proven its self to be?

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
Re: nef/h&r for trap shooting?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 02:12:00 AM »
well if your just  shooting  for fun now an then . id say you'd be ok, just  use a mild  trap  1 oz  load or light reloads, if your thinkin of a completitive trap shooting id advise yu notto , it would beat yu to death after a few hundred rounds , ive shot registered trap for years, id hate to think of usin  one for a 200+ bird event in handicap ,not sayin it cant be done ?? but iam not the one . have fun!!!

Offline offhand35

• Trade Count: (74)
  • Contributor
Re: nef/h&r for trap shooting?
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 05:32:43 PM »
I set up my Tracker II rifled slug gun for trap shooting off deer season,  and shot 4 rounds a week for all Spring, Summer and Fall last year. I sent it for  a 32" full barrel and an extra monte carlo buttstock for it ......after I got used to it ...I was hitting 23's and 24's......I've been shooting trap for 4 yrs now, roughly one day a week, 2 - 4 rounds each....and can't seem to get that 25  with it.....yet .... ::)

It has earned me a reputation for liking the classic American style guns.......one of the members of the club was cleaning out his collection and offered [and sold! to ] me an Iver Johnson Champion Trap Model in mint condition.......That..BTW was the gun that I told myself I would buy on sight, when I first started shooting.....

Back to the thread......there is nothing like the looks you get when you show up at the line with one of these NEF 32" guns set up for trap, and hit well with it! ;D

Let us know how you do with it!
Squirrel.......the OTHER dark meat.....!