Author Topic: SIG or XD  (Read 723 times)

Offline Ghostrider_23

• Trade Count: (0)
SIG or XD
« on: June 24, 2006, 11:56:18 AM »
:D Hey guys I am in the market again to get a new 45 ACP. I am looking at the Sig 220 and the XD. Which one of these guns do you find to be of better qualityand more accurate?? I will be carrying it sometimes when I'm not carrying my Para Carry. ( By the way that is a great gun and very, very accurate!!!) I am going to test a Sig but I can't rent a XD, does anyone have any comments for either one of these guns.

:bye:
Ghostrider

Offline SectorSteve

SIG or XD
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 03:23:39 AM »
I just noticed you are in Stuart, Fl. I also saw your other post, (Kahr vs Kel-Tec). If you ever get up around Orlando, maybe I can help you out. I have an XD9 Service, it's not an XD45 but the grips are similar. And I have a Kahr PM9. I have a range close to my house. Maybe we can get you there to try them before you buy. I don't know about you but I hate buying a gun I haven't been able to try out.
Steve

Offline rockbilly

SIG or XD
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 05:46:55 AM »
:shock: Sig is the only choice.  It is one of the most reliable handguns on the market today.  The 220 is my gun of choice for concealed carry.  I selected it because when my butt is on the line I want a firearm that will do the job of defending me without problems, :wink:

Offline sniperVLS

• Remington & Sig Sauer addict!
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
SIG or XD
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 07:43:45 AM »
I wouldnt trust my life with anything other than a Sig, Ive felt that way for the last 2 decades.

Let me add why...

I love the grip, none compare(for my hand anyways). Accuracy out of the box is stellar. Reliability doesnt need to be talked about, its a given :)

At the same time, I despise how Glocks feel in my hand. I shot an XD and it was quite accurate but as far as overall grip feel I honestly cant recall how I felt about it, sorry.. Ive heard good things about them though.

Offline Old Griz

Re: SIG or XD
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 09:51:24 PM »
Get the one that feels better in your hand. I've never held the XD, but the Sigs have terrific ergonomics. I would worry about the number of rounds. Unless you're a movie cop and have a lot of extended shootouts with drug lords & gangs, the 220 will be plenty. If you like the feel of the XD the best, by all means get it.
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."