Author Topic: I'VE BEEN HOOKED, NOW I NEED A 12 STEP PROGRAM!!!!  (Read 710 times)

Offline Doktor

• Trade Count: (0)
I'VE BEEN HOOKED, NOW I NEED A 12 STEP PROGRAM!!!!
« on: October 12, 2007, 06:50:50 PM »
Late last year I bought a 22 caliber coehorn mortar from Brooks, wonderful product, by the way. His employee was ill and there was a delay in the production, however he did keep me informed all along. He was very courteous in all our correspondence.
I now have a 22 caliber mortar, and a 25 caliber mortar, both of which I finally fired today.
Now I am "jonesing" for a 50 caliber dictator mortar,
or maybe a firecracker cannon,
or maybe a 50 caliber cannon,
or maybe a mountain howitzer
or maybe....................................................?
HELP ME, I just can't decide, not sure which is next
Seriously, though, does anyone know a good local source (South Carolina) for thin (3/32"?)  fuse for their little mortars/cannons, I believe the touch hole is 1/8" diameter?
thanks
doc

The Doktor
Retired U.S.Army medic
www.ruggedcrossriders.com
Life Member NRA
Life Member DAV
Liife Member VFW
Life Member American Legion

Offline lance

Re: I'VE BEEN HOOKED, NOW I NEED A 12 STEP PROGRAM!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 07:02:59 PM »
 Hey, welcome, now we got you and COPDOC, hope we don't mix you guys up. you need a Dictator mortar in golfball size, then you need.......... face it you are addicted, who am i to point fingers. i get all my fuse from Pyrocreations, google them. i mainly use the 2mm viscoe fuse, great stuff. think 100ft is 7.50 shipping is cheap.
PALADIN had a gun.....I have guns, mortars, and cannons!

Offline Victor3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 10:45:33 PM »
 You might take a look on ebay. There are a couple of smallish bore Mountain Howitzer barrels up right now.

If I were you though, I'd just make the inevitable jump to 1" or larger bore now and get it over with. Check out the offerings of the sponsors of this website and pick something that floats your boat...
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sherlock Holmes

Offline Doktor

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 06:54:42 AM »
Hey, welcome, now we got you and COPDOC, hope we don't mix you guys up. you need a Dictator mortar in golfball size, then you need.......... face it you are addicted, who am i to point fingers. i get all my fuse from Pyrocreations, google them. i mainly use the 2mm viscoe fuse, great stuff. think 100ft is 7.50 shipping is cheap.
I did find Pyrocreations and I have ordered 200 ft but, there may be some withdrawal problems, I ran across some old bottle-rockets in my storeroom, the fuse from them work pretty well. I only have a couple of packages of them, though, and 2 weeks may be TOOOOOO long to wait.
Thanks for the welcome, Lance!
The Doktor
Retired U.S.Army medic
Life Member NRA
Life Member DAV
Liife Member VFW

Offline lance

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 07:16:24 AM »
 Glad you found the fuse, you'll like it. I forgot, one MUST have item is a BROOKS USA firecracker cannon, one of my most fun guns ;D ;D ;D
PALADIN had a gun.....I have guns, mortars, and cannons!

Offline irishman

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
    • Brooks-USA
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 07:17:41 AM »
Doc,

Thanks for the comments. Check www.brooks-usa.com. There are several barrels in there that may interest you. One of the mortars ( the VM Special) named after the initials of customers is 7.5 " with a 1" bore. He has just ordered the 5th one. He talks about "bang for the buck". Tropico, Rickk and el caz should have one to compare with the 1 foot plus barrels that I built for them. Thanks for the votes that may put one on the GBO calendar.

Michael

Offline Doktor

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 03:27:18 PM »
Doc,

Thanks for the comments. Check www.brooks-usa.com. There are several barrels in there that may interest you. One of the mortars ( the VM Special) named after the initials of customers is 7.5 " with a 1" bore. He has just ordered the 5th one. He talks about "bang for the buck". Tropico, Rickk and el caz should have one to compare with the 1 foot plus barrels that I built for them. Thanks for the votes that may put one on the GBO calendar.

Michael

They (or you lol) were the folks that were so cooperative with me. I really like the product line, and the quality of the metal work was excellent. I've got a feeling that, as when you find a good mechanic, or a good chiropractor, you stay where you get treated best, there will be some more purchases from their website. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
The Doktor
Retired U.S.Army medic
Life Member NRA
Life Member DAV
Liife Member VFW

Offline Tropico

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
    • Tropico Beach
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 08:48:34 AM »
I have some 1" bore barrels that range  from 4 1/2" in length to 24" in length. A 1" bore is obviously a very versatile barrel.   
  "bang for the buck"   
  is definitely in the 1" bore catagorey  .
I have Brooks USA 1" dictator as well as the 1" bore 24 pounder. After having them and playing with them., I will say knowing what I know now?  If I didnt own them,.., I would be getting them. There my MOST little gun. borderline too big for the desktop unless your an obsessed cannon nut ., but then they look great . Mine get complimented on all the time .

My Brooks Cannon.

and my Brooks Dictatator Mortar.
Here is a video of the cannon its about the middle of the video.
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSHyJKw6Wpc   

Good Luck Doktor