Author Topic: Some 2006 rifles still have ejectors and some 2005 rifles have the..............  (Read 634 times)

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
..........port for barrel fitting. I handled a bunch of H&R/NEF rifles and shotguns yesterday and all the 2006 (NW and HW serial#'s) 45-70's still had the ejectors as well as a limited number of other calibers. Most of them were extractors though. All of the 2006 shotguns still have ejectors, which was nice to see. What surprised me though was some of the 2005 (NV serial #'s) rifles had the large pin in the view port for barrel fitting, thought this was something new for 2006.

The biggest thing I noticed about all of them was the big price increase and probably around 75+ H&R/NEF's that were out on the racks, not to mention the ones in the back in boxes. I have bought all my H&R/NEF's from this dealer because they kept their prices real competetive with the big box stores. Maybe the prices still are competetive (I haven't really been price shopping lately and this might be the 2006 price increase added in) and the H&R/NEF's are becoming more desirable by the general buying public. What I would like to know is, "WHO let the cat outta the bag"? ;D
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
I suppose it's just the transition of the switch.
And I agree the prices are moving up slowly, barrels too. Guess it was only a matter of time. Still I don't think they will move up too much.
-Aaron

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)

Busta...

It was only a matter of time before folks started catching on...Our little ole Handi's have received some real good press over the last 2 years..and has been mentioned in a few notable gun mags..Add to that..the high cost of fuel these days..it's no wonder why there hasn't been a price hike sooner than now..They gotta pass on the extra cost sometime..Even with the extra $$$$ going out....I still think they are a good value for what your spending and getting..
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline Winter Hawk

• Trade Count: (47)
Price of fuel is one thing, but have you seen the price of steel?  It is going out of sight.  The Chinese have cornered it and it is getting hard to find elsewhere.  We saw this last year when steel culvert was so scarce that several major highway construction projects were put on hold, all because all of the scrap steel was overseas.  Unless NEF starts putting out plastic guns (besides the trigger guard and forearm spacer, that is) the price will keep going up.....

-WH-
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone

Offline slayer

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
For example, my BC 45/70 cost me $30 less last year than this years prices, that is a pretty steep increase. Jack.