Author Topic: Hornady SST's  (Read 521 times)

Offline MIdeerhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Hornady SST's
« on: July 18, 2006, 06:09:30 PM »
Any body try them in a Ultra Slug Hunter?...I seen them in a magazine last year and really wanted to try them out, I looked everywhere around here, nobody seemed to carry them or even know about them, even gun stores, but they finally came out, our local Duhnams carries them, but for 13 dollars a box of 5!!!!Holy Cow, they must of replaced the polymer tip with gold, I have stuck to the winchester BRI sabot slugs, why you might ask that I stick to a hourglass slug, well it is relatively mild compared to other loads, fairly cheap, readily available, and groups great, at 50 yards i get a clover leaf on 3 shot groups, so on to the question, does anyone know how much my BRI's weigh in grains? just the slug?....I thought it was in ounces on the box, not 100 percent sure, compared to the 300 grain sst, I have a bushnell scope on and Im afraid the sst's will recoil to hard and rip that scope to pieces, I  ruined a khales that way believe it or not, but has anyone tried them in the Ultra slug hunter, and if so how well do they shoot, and do they actually shoot out to 200 yards or 150 or whatever is advertised?...thank-you!
New England Fireams Tracker II plus (USHD) 12 ga
.223 handi rifle
1903A3 Springfield in 6mm rem.
rem. 870 supermag
ruger 10/22
win. x-150
winchester model 88
savage 24

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
Re: Hornady SST's
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 06:16:20 PM »
My local Gander Mtn has some on the shelf still...I might try them out and let you know.  If no one replies before I have a chance to shoot them that is....
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense