Author Topic: NEW SEASON IN INDIANA ?  (Read 460 times)

Offline Brig33

• Trade Count: (0)
NEW SEASON IN INDIANA ?
« on: July 22, 2006, 04:52:06 PM »
  THIS YEAR IN INDIANA THEY HAVE PUT IN A NEW YOUTH SEASON THAT IS IN SEPT. I AM ALL FOR YOUNG KIDS HUNTING BUT I THINK THAT IT IS GOING TO MAKE THE DEER A BIT MORE SKIDISH FOR BOW SEASON. THE SEASON IS ONLY TWO DAYS BUT YOU CAN USE ANY GUN OR BOW . THEN YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE THE DADS THAT THINK THEY CAN PULL A FAST ONE AND DO SOME POCHING AND USE THERE KIDS TAG. SO TO ME BAD IDEA.    WHAT DO YOU THINK.
THANKS BRIG33
Thanks brig33

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
Re: NEW SEASON IN INDIANA ?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 05:33:23 PM »
can't speak for indiana but KS and MO have youth seasons for lots of game (ducks, deer, turkeys) and I've never thought it was anything but great.  Hunting needs more young hunters.  The young man we let hunt on a piece of ground in MO killed a nice tom and a nice buck last year off that ground during the youth season.  I also killed a tom there a week after him and my dad killed a nice buck on opening day of rifle season.  If your piece of ground only has 1 deer and you don't want to share, don't let anyone hunt.

Offline Brig33

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 05:20:43 AM »
I DONT DISAGREE WITH IT I WANT YOUNG HUNTERS BUT MAKE IT A WEEK BEFORE GUN NOT A MONTH BEFORE BOW BUT I CANT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER I MIGHT NOT BE ALL THAT BAD WE WILL SEE. THE ONLY THING I DONT LIKE BOUT IT THAT WE HAVE THOSE PEOPLE THAT ARE GOING TO BE POCHING AND I HATE THOSE PEOPLE BUT OH WELL. I PLAN TO TAKE A YOUNG ONE HUNTING TO AND I AM NOT WORRIED BOUT PEOPLE KILLING DEER OFF MY PROPERTY. THAT IS THE LEAST OF MY WORRIES       
THANKS BRIG33
Thanks brig33

Offline Jack Ryan

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 08:11:41 PM »
I think it's a bad idea.

Offline TCBrian

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 08:16:27 AM »
I think opportunities for youth are great, but unfortunatley there always has to be some jerks that take advantage of it. I have seen it here in CA during youth seasons. You run into the father and son and the father is carrying the gun or both are and the kid is completely un-interested. I haven't personally witnessed the poaching in process, but have seen dead deer with the kids tag on it, a completely excited father and a kid that is asking if they can just go home now. It was just totally obvious that the father was the one that shot the deer and dragged the kid along just to make it look good.

I say have youth seasons after bow season and have maximun law enforcement to nail any dirty dads, trying to pull a fast one.

Good hunting,
Brian

Offline Brig33

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 03:54:10 PM »
TCBrian i agree with you totally bout the dirty dads. that is why im going to school to be a conservation officer.  thanks Brig33
Thanks brig33