Author Topic: model 088 shotgun in 410  (Read 447 times)

Offline bobby964

• Trade Count: (0)
model 088 shotgun in 410
« on: December 20, 2006, 04:14:34 PM »
Well I finally put my brothers shotgun back together and the barrel wont latch.It looks like it closes all the way but wont latch.I had to order a barrel catch for this shotgun cause the orignal one got lost.My brother disassembled it years ago and finally told me that the reason was something was wrong with it but couldnt remember what the problem was.My question is will the new barrel catch have to be fitted to this barrel? It took me about 2 hours to put it back togther. Everything seems to function correctly with the barrel off.Just when the barrel is installed it will not latch.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: model 088 shotgun in 410
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 07:20:00 AM »
Bobby, just sounds as if it needs to be fitted a bit. Check the FAQ's for insructions. It should not be a hard job. Get back to us and let us know how it works out. You may have to carefully and lightly dress down or file the locking shelf on the barrel lug, or perhaps dress down and smooth up the piece you got, do so VERY carefully and lightly without removing much metal, just a polish actually if you are working on the piece you ordered. Please keep us informed., If you cannot get it to work and want to sell the gun or barrel let me know, I am looking for one...Merry Christmas....<><.... :)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 07:49:06 AM »
MSP how many H&R's of each gauge and caliber do you have now?   Every time I turn around you are snatching another one up from the classifieds.  Leave some for the rest of us please.  :D
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 09:00:49 AM »
It's fun isn't it!!! I came to the decision I want/need/desire/would like to have, a couple of .410's. I have only one now and have posted in the Classifieds looking for another .410 barrel.
Also,  I thought it would be nice if someone answered  Boddy964's request for help and assistance since no one else responded to him. I  have a Model 88 .410 and have decided it needs some company. now if I could only come across a couple of SB2 recievers, possibly another Sportster reciever and a couple of stocks I would have all I ever would want...yeah, sure ::)....<><.... ;D ;D     
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley