Author Topic: Doesn't just about every cannon maker have a disclaimer  (Read 503 times)

Offline rusty barrels

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Doesn't just about every cannon maker have a disclaimer
« on: July 24, 2006, 06:19:22 AM »
I finally got thru reading just about all the back pages I could ( so I can avoid asking repeat questions ) and I came across a persons question about real cannons verses ornamenal ones and someone said to look at the disclaimer. Doesn't just about everyone have one to avoid lawsuits if they are misused. Is any manufacturer saying theirs won't explode with too much powder. I know some are better than others but we are in a sue happy society.

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
Re: Doesn't just about every cannon maker have a disclaimer
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 06:43:34 AM »
Good observation.

I've built some beer-can and some golf-ball caliber mortars with 1" + thick walls of 4140.  Overbuilt.  Could you put too much powder in, not likely (blackpowder) but not recommended either.

Automotive manufacturers won't guarentee that you won't have an accident or get a ticket either.

Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline cannonlover

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Doesn't just about every cannon maker have a disclaimer
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 02:55:44 AM »
Cannonmaker has a son who is an attorney and he modified our disclaimer.

I believe that no matter how much you stress safety and load limits you are going to get someone who wants to push the envelope and see what will happen.  It is a sad thing that people have become sue happy, they accept no personal responsibility.

At most gun shows we attend, we find very few of those type of people, thank goodness.
Nolan Shaw
Neff Cannons and Machine, LLC
Rick's Brother-in-Law (promoted to Sales Rep during shows)