Author Topic: I only own 1 Winchester, did you have one of these as a kid?  (Read 819 times)

Offline aaronrkelly

• Trade Count: (0)
I have  small collection of firearms....

defensive rifles, rimfires, pistols, shotguns etc

but one of my favorites is a cheap, little .22lr rifle that I picked up for next to nothing.

Its also my only Winchester.

I know its not worth anything but I only have $64 for it - figured it would be a great first rifle for my son.

Its a Winchester model 121, single-shot and bolt action.  It doesnt have a serial number (or atleast if it does I cannot find it).

Im sure its a common, mass produced rifle but I cannot find any information about them online.

Figured maybe some of you guys had some info or atleast a story about picking one up at the hardware store with your dad......after all this is Graybeard Outdoors......all you guys are old right???  :grin:

Im fairly certain my son will put it to good use......I think its a beauty.

Offline motordog80

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: I only own 1 Winchester, did you have one of these as a kid?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 03:06:27 PM »
I bought one of these as my first gun when I was 13 years old.  good little plinker

Offline Gun Runner

• Trade Count: (33)
Re: I only own 1 Winchester, did you have one of these as a kid?
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 10:03:09 PM »
My 6 yr old grand daughter has one. My son in law got it from his cuz. A neat little gun.

As for paying $64.00 for it reminded me that the first 30/30 I bought along with 4 boxes of shells and a gun case cost me the same thing. This was back in60 while I was in the service, and was in Japan. Now the shells or a good gun case would cost me more than that.   :o

Gun Runner