Author Topic: What scope do I have?  (Read 316 times)

Offline BRL

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
    • Premium Nutrition
What scope do I have?
« on: July 27, 2006, 10:23:52 AM »
I bought a Handi Rifle about 6 years ago and it came with a Bushnell 3x9 on it. That's all it says. How can I tell which model it is? It's probably not high up there as I believe I paid $199 for the rifle and scope new.

Also, I have aquired a gun recently when my brother passed away. It is a Leupold 3x9 and it is on a Bushmaster .308 "military style" rifle. It has the elevation and windage adjustments mid scope and has another protruding adjustment toward the rear of the scope just an inch or two from the eyepiece. Again, no model listed on it. I am wondering if I should take this scope off and put it on one of my hunting rifles as opposed to buying a new scope for one of them as I really won't shoot the Bushmaster all that much, I'm sure. Although I will keep it because it was my brother's. The hunting rifle in need of a scope is a Browning BLR 81 lever in 7mm-08 and the other rifle that could wear it is a Remington 7400 auto in .30-06 (which already has a Redfiled low profile 2x7 that is about 12 years old).

Any help would be great. Thanks!
B. Leeber
Nutritional Biochemist

Offline TheOpticZone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
Re: What scope do I have?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 11:39:02 AM »
Look under the scope by the power ring and see if there is a model number etched in the tube.  This may give you some light on what the scope is.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!