Author Topic: AZ draw results are out.  (Read 572 times)

Offline AZ300wsm

• Trade Count: (0)
AZ draw results are out.
« on: July 25, 2006, 10:15:20 AM »
 Did anyone apply for Arizona this year? We got mule deer tags and my son got another cow elk tag.This is the second year he got one.

AZ

Offline PeterB

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: AZ draw results are out.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 01:51:31 AM »
Yep,
Lived in AZ my hole life until just 7 months ago when I decided that the invasion from the south was too much.  Moved to Montana.  Spent most of my life hunting elk in CO since I only drew elk tags in AZ twice.  Had quite a few elk hunts with family in AZ though, not to mention a few deer, and one antelope hunt.  Anyway, after 15 years and 16 bonus points since my last elk draw I got my AZ elk tag (muzzle loader unit 1)(first AZ bull tag ever for me).  Of course this is the the first year in my life that I was a non-resident.  That bonus point system worked real well for me.  Not that I am complaining, pretty hard to beat a unit one early bull with 40 hunters in the unit.  I am quite familiar with the unit.  Dad got the coveted unit 1 early bull tag last year and killed a nice bull.  Two nephews killed their first cow elk in unit 1 last year as well.  Anyway, pretty glad to finally get my tag.  Now that the price is going up again next year in AZ I will remove myself from the AZ draw system, and let you folks have them.  I'll be back home to hunt with family as often as I can since it's still one great place to hunt (when you are lucky enough to get a tag).  Take care