Author Topic: Meat Grinder Recommendations  (Read 627 times)

Offline cgturner7

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Meat Grinder Recommendations
« on: August 30, 2006, 08:01:32 AM »
I'm looking for a good quality meat grinder.  I'm a beginner but would like to start making my own venison burger, sausage, etc.  I'd like to stay under $200.

Offline dw06

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
Re: Meat Grinder Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 01:54:07 PM »
You can buy many different sizes,or if you are handy do what us country folks do,buy a no22 or no32 meat grinder with hand crank at any hardware store,you can use it as is or get a pully to attach to it and run it to a washer machine motor is what I use,1/2horse to 3/4horse.Been using it since 1968,and just replaced grinder in 2004 do to bearings wore out.It will grind as fast as you can put it in.
If you find yourself in a hole,the first thing to do is stop digging-Will Rogers

Offline K.K

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 02:27:37 PM »
LEM makes some great stuff.  Be carefful though, sausage amking is addicting!  My family loves processing that venison as much as eating it.

Offline handyman06

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 06:18:31 PM »
bought one about 3-4 years ago no brand name just made in czech republic, i dont really like it, it takes a crazy amount of pressure for the auger to pick up any meat. ive used a cheap electric one and it was awesome.

Offline elmer

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 07:06:02 AM »
I got a small LEM electric one from Cabelas a couple years ago (under $100 dollars) and it grinds about as fast as I can feed the meat. We grind boar and deer with it.
NRA life member
TSRA life member
Dallas Safari Club member
JPFO life member
GOA life member

http://public.fotki.com/ElmerF/
http://s215.photobucket.com/profile/CharlesL_album

Offline James B

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 02:33:19 PM »
I have that Cabelas Grinder which is now even cheaper. I have ground up about twenty deer and a lot of beeef and pork to mix with the burger and sausage. Its seem to be a good little machine. It comes with the sausage stuffer tube as well. I figured it would last a couple years but its going strong after five years.
shot placement is everything.