Author Topic: The Other Lebanon...some really nice photos and more....  (Read 561 times)

TM7

The Other Lebanon...some really nice photos and more....
« on: August 02, 2006, 02:23:32 AM »
Remembered these photos of the other Lebanon....actually is/was a pretty nice place. Mountainous, rugged, snow, forest, beach architecture, crossroads of clutures, pretty girls, and a really nice San Diego like climate. Don't know what the hunting is like there, but I hear there's alot of guns!! Use to be a get-a-way and retirement for Euopeans with a few dollars. Agriculturally productive and life was once easy.
Have a look:    http://www.habeeb.com/lebanon.photos.01.lebanese.homes.houses.html

There's many pages of photos on this site at the bottom of the page...............

....................TM7

Offline doc_kreipke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: The Other Lebanon...some really nice photos and more....
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 03:23:19 AM »
Ya gotta hand it to those Hezbollah guys ... . They got really great taste for missile platforms and weapons caches.

-K
-K

Offline nabob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 12:38:32 PM »
I'm old enough to remember when Beirut was the "Paris of the East". Multicultural, brilliant nightlife, marvelous restaurants with cuisine from all over the world befitting its place as a crossroads city where the East met the West, universities, history - now, it is rubble.

What a loss to all of us.

Offline Haywire Haywood

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 02:27:19 PM »
I have a feeling that it was lost long before it was blown up.

Ian
Kids that Hunt, Fish and Trap
Dont Steal, Deal, and Murder

usually...