Author Topic: Got my 20ga USH today!Anyone else have one?  (Read 521 times)

Offline ranchand99

• Trade Count: (0)
Got my 20ga USH today!Anyone else have one?
« on: August 04, 2006, 05:47:20 PM »
I'm excited.Also thanks to busta.I checked the SN and the gun was a 2004 model,but it looks like it just came out of the box.The scope is great too!I shot it with the remington copper solids that came with it and It shoots great.Man these are some heavy guns!But they are very well balanced.Very little recoil!SO who else is shooting the 20ga USH,and what shells does yours prefer?

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: Got my 20ga USH today!Anyone else have one?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 07:28:00 AM »
Congratulations ranchand99!

You know I already have one, but the Winchester Partition Golds and the Remington Ultra Core-lokt, Federal/Barnes and other have all shot well out of mine. I still have to try out the NEW Hornady SST's I picked up a few weeks ago, but waiting for the weather to cool down. We had 3 100+ days in a row earlier in the week. Getting a little break now in the upper 80's asnd low 90's, if you call that a break. It did get down into the high 50's the last two nights though. ;D

If you want to lighten that gun up a little and still have decent balance. Take a Phillips head screwdriver and loosen one screw in the recoil pad and remove the other......turn the pad out of the way and inside the stock bolt hole there is a cylindrical bar of steel...........remove the small phillips screw holding it in place and slide the bar out of the hole.......there is a little rubber wafer in between the bolt and bar you will want to keep also. This will lighten up the gun a bit and the recoil is not bad at all. After shooting slugs and turkey loads out of autoloaders and pumps, these 20 ga Ultra Slug guns are very recoil friendly. ;D

Good luck with your new 20, you are going to love it. If it shoots like mine its just a matter of picking out what bullet you like, because mine likes everything I have shot out of it, some just a little better than others.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline ranchand99

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Got my 20ga USH today!Anyone else have one?
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 07:03:06 PM »
I think I can handle the weight.I still am suprised at how well balanced it is for as heavy as it is.I'm going after hogs to try it out.Wish me luck!I will most likely get the SST's and try them out.I'll let you know how I like them.Thanks for the reply. :)