Author Topic: Fort Lewis Cannons  (Read 581 times)

Offline Tropico

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • Tropico Beach
Fort Lewis Cannons
« on: August 05, 2006, 04:32:01 PM »
Mrs. Tropico went to Fort Lewis last month to pick up a few things at the PX for me and decided to take a 1/2 a dozen pictures for me with the cannons., she knows about my addiction to BlackPowder.

;D
;D

Sorry Blaster I havent been able to get her to carry a can of GOEX  in the car.., Trust me these are big..,bronze..,and beautiful.

Offline rusty barrels

• Avid Poster
Re: Fort Lewis Cannons
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 06:55:27 PM »
I have forgotten about those guns, they still look huge, guess I'm gonna have to check them out again. Are they still in front of the logistics gate, I think thats where they used to be when I was a kid.

Offline Tropico

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
    • Tropico Beach
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 08:15:10 PM »
Yes it is., next time I am there I will try to get pictures at the museum.,there are recovered spanish cannons at the front doors. I really enjoy Fort Lewis.

Offline Michael Az

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 04:08:33 AM »
Great looking guns. Thanks for the photos!
Michael

Offline Blaster

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 11:53:28 AM »
Mrs. Tropico went to Fort Lewis last month to pick up a few things at the PX for me and decided to take a 1/2 a dozen pictures for me with the cannons., she knows about my addiction to BlackPowder.

Sorry Blaster I havent been able to get her to carry a can of GOEX  in the car.., Trust me these are big..,bronze..,and beautiful.

So kay there Tropico.  I'm certain that my Mrs. would also be reluctant to be toting an mty powder can with her on any trips.  Gee, I was in Fort Washington while waiting for shipment to Ladd AFB in Fairbanks, AK now known as Fort Wainright.  Wish I had been interested in cannons back then.  That was in 1956, wow, that's 50 years ago.  My O my, but the time does fly.  Thanks for the picture posting!!
Graduate of West Point (West Point, Iowa that is)