Author Topic: 10" 7mm-08 encore  (Read 364 times)

Offline JW/OK

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • Avid Poster
10" 7mm-08 encore
« on: August 08, 2006, 11:57:26 AM »
Does anyone have any experience or experiences with a 10" Encore in 7mm-08. Was wondering what kind of accuracy to expect.

Offline Questor

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: 10" 7mm-08 encore
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 09:48:49 AM »
No experience with it, but have experience with similar. Accuracy will vary with the barrel. With a decent barrel, expect 1.5 inch groups at 100 yards. There will be significant velocity loss, but it'll still be usable. Do some google searches to see if you can find some loads for that configuration. My guess is that a faster powder like Varget will be better, but I really can't say for sure. Put a post on the T/C forum here at Graybeard's and see what you get for answers. I'm sure somebody here has done this before.
Safety first

Offline Spencer

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 03:35:45 PM »
Well, I managed to take a nice buck with my T/C Encore with a 10" 7mm-08 barrel.  Topped with a variable powered scope, and a nice rest, I took a buck at about 120 yards. 

I did have accuracy problems it to begin with.  I was getting three foot groups at 100 yards, but a trip back to T/C, and a recrowned barrel gave me all the accuracy I could need.
A bad day of hunting is better than a good day at the golf course.

Offline XD9

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
  • Match Grade Makes A Difference!
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 02:45:16 AM »
I was out at the range last week with one of my friends who has the T/C Encore 7mm-08.  I only shot it a couple of times so I can't say anything as far as personal experience.  However, he was shooting at 100 yds getting roughly 1.5 to 2 inch groups as Questor said.

He just got it back.  He had it sent off to put a ported barrell on it as well as a reinforced scope rail and four scope rings.  He was having a problem keeping the scope attached to the gun because of the recoil.  Problem solved with four scope rings :).  He also had about a 2lb trigger put on it.  It's a VERY nice gun.
I'm an accountant and I carry a gun...'nuff said