Author Topic: Walther PPK/s Problem  (Read 479 times)

Offline AJAX

• Trade Count: (0)
Walther PPK/s Problem
« on: August 17, 2006, 05:37:07 AM »
Hi Everyone,

My daughter recently bought a used PPK/s which we haven't fired yet.   The pistol is of Smith and Wesson manufacture.  In checking it out I found that the slide will not stay back on an empty magazine.  I looked at a new one at another gun store and, of course, the slide does stay back.  The gun came with only one mag so haven't been able to see if it's just the mag, but I can't see a problem with it.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Thanx for your help,
Mark

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Re: Walther PPK/s Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 10:02:20 AM »
AJAX - call Smith and Wesson.  Their customer service is excellent.  They may recommend a different magazine and probably send you one free of charge as a replacement.  In fact, get a couple - it just makes it all worthwhile.  HTH.  Mikey.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 01:46:41 AM »
YUP!!
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline AJAX

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 12:54:11 PM »
Thanx Mikey, et al

I did call S&W and the rep suggested firing it to see if that would take care of the problem.  No mention of any free mags (darn).  BTW, the S&W Walthers only carry a one year warrenty since they are not S&W's, just made by S&W.

Anyway, after hanging up I field stripped again just to look at the slide stop, etc again.  Now the slide does stay retracted on the empty mag.  Maybe just a bit of residue in there, somewhere.

Mark