Author Topic: hunting in the USSR  (Read 619 times)

Offline jamaldog87

• Trade Count: (0)
hunting in the USSR
« on: August 16, 2006, 07:20:57 AM »
 i was watching OLN and there were in the Republic og Georgia in the former Soviet Union and there is some great bear,hog, and other hunting there. Have you guy hear of someone hunting there?
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline skb2706

• Trade Count: (5)
Re: hunting in the USSR
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 09:56:42 AM »
The only hunting I would be doing in Russia ........is hunting for a way out.

I know that since the fall of the USSR alot of that country (actually more like seperate countries now)  has been opened up to hunting and particularly foreigners hunting there. They still hold on to their communist beliefs and idealisms which continue to keep that part of the world very depressed both socially and economically. My wife and son just came back from an extensive tour of the former USSR.

Offline Dusty Miller

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 02:20:06 PM »
I was ther twice in '95 on hunting trips and then I and the Mrs. took a river cruise down the Volga from St. Pete to Moscow in '03.  I didn't see any evidence of the people clinging to communism.  As a matter of fact, the seem to have embraced capitalism in a big way.  As for hunting there, you can find game from one end of the country to the other.  There's great trout fishing on the Kamchatka Peninsula as well.  I regard it as a great way to catch a glimpse of another culture. 
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!

Offline kyote

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 03:15:06 PM »
I have seen where the wolf is in abundance there.And believe the fur market went there and that is why the buyers are not buying fur as much here.as they are getting better furs for cheaper in the soveit union.......
my huntin rifle is safe from confiscation only while my battle rifle protects it.

Offline Dusty Miller

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 06:16:40 PM »
BTW guys, there is no such thing as the USSR these days.  That dissolved when all the "republics" flewd the coop in '89-'90.
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!