Author Topic: to the gun store to day  (Read 1119 times)

Offline D.C.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
to the gun store to day
« on: August 29, 2006, 06:56:52 AM »
Got to go in to town today anyway, so i am going to see if I can even find a handi.  No luck on that front yet, and that may be the case else were when Wall mart stops selling guns in other areas. Been to three out of five places i know of ,one was closed for vacation {am stopping there again today} one pretty much only sold hand guns. the other is a high end dealer,and well ,he just wasnt very helpull. He was a dealer from the NEF website.he would order one but realy wasnt interested in doing it. and was a bit steep in his price. probaly end up waiting untill after i move out of here , but I am going to look anyway. have shoot my brother,s H&R 12 gauge.it was a fine little gun. he gut a deer with it on a trip were my higher dollar bolt action 30 06 had a missfire twice. turned out to be sort of my fault so wont name the gun right now. how were miss fires my fault. easy i doped a shell and picked it up and put it in the gun with only a quick whipe. pine pich on the shoulder. cushioned the the fireing pin so it was a dirty chamber with the fault falling squarly on me. However the less expensive gun was the one going home with the meat. I should wait , but I want to see what a handi feels like now. Where are most of you guys finding your new guns ? small stores or the biger ones?  D.C.  Don

Offline Bldr Bob

Re: to the gun store to day
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 07:44:17 AM »
I have found that the Sportsmans Warehouse (at least the one by me) has a good selection of Handi's.  They seem to have more selection of calibers also.

Offline D.C.

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 08:04:40 AM »
just finised measuring for materials and did a phone search one guy a long way out of my path has a 410 but i have not called the sport mart i will call there before i go .thanks D.C.

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 08:59:33 AM »
This isn't perhaps what you are looking for, but If you have a FFL or a dealer that will work with you, then you might want to check here:
http://www.gunsamerica.com/1630/1630-random-1.htm
There's actually some good deals on here, and some laminates that are no longer offered.
Also check out the Pawn shops, you never know what they might have in the back.
-Aaron

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 09:11:10 AM »
Another place to get em if you don't mind paying shipping and FFL fees, is The Gunsource, they have the red laminated RSR Hornet with iron sights and the .270  for $180, they also have the RSR .243 for $202. The .243 and .270 say they have iron sights, but they actually have a scope rail, much to my disappointment! They are good to deal with, they refunded my shipping charge due to their error in advertising, but they still haven't corrected their web site! ::)

Tim

http://www.thegunsource.com/shopping_viewproduct.aspx?idproduct=41860

http://www.thegunsource.com/shopping_viewproduct.aspx?idproduct=41862

http://www.thegunsource.com/shopping_viewproduct.aspx?idproduct=41861

This is what they look like, cept they aren't checkered.....and don't come with a scope or rngs!!!

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Norseman112

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 10:18:06 AM »
Gander Moutain and Cabelas has them by me.

Good luck,

John

Offline D.C.

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 01:49:41 PM »
Well im back ,sports mart is also an air gun only store in this area. im going to wait untill the other end of the move. the ffl guy my buddy recomended uped his price for transfer so it looks like I can save thirty to forty dollars per gun if i just wait untill I get to KY. I expect it will not be a problem finding a gun store that carrys them there.  thanks for the sugetions. D.C. Don

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 01:57:45 PM »
Don, plug your zip code into this FFL locator and find one that's cheaper, contact them and see what they charge, the list is dated, some aren't available or have raised their rates.

http://www.gunbroker.com/User/DealerNetwork.asp

If you decide to deal with him/her, get the first 3 and last 5 digits of their FFL number and plug it into the ATF's EZ-check web site to confirm they are a valid FFL and to confirm their shipping address.

https://www.atfonline.gov/FFLeZCheck

Tim

Offline handyman06

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2006, 02:35:59 PM »
shotgunnews.com used to have a gun show locator sorted by state. i havent been to a show in awhile that didnt have several handis

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2006, 02:47:17 PM »
Here's a list of gun shows.....

http://www.gunshows-usa.com/

Offline D.C.

• Avid Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2006, 04:02:57 PM »
thanks guys for all the links looking into all of them will keep me busy for a while. thanks again D.C. Don

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2006, 04:37:35 PM »
Heh heh, I pasted the same link twice instead of copying the FFL EzCheck web site!! :-[ I fixed it now!!

Tim

Offline D.C.

• Avid Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2006, 05:21:42 PM »
 Looked in to FFL people and that is kind of spendy here. So the powers that be are making me wait and stick to my plan I will get a new gun {or several} after i move. smarter that way, i dont mess them up in a move. just getting antsy is all. On the plus side i will make a new nieghbor happy when I become a new Customer instead of just some new guy. thanks again for all the links. D.C. Don