Author Topic: 22 hornet stuck case problems  (Read 509 times)

Offline Dune

• Trade Count: (0)
22 hornet stuck case problems
« on: August 25, 2006, 11:18:35 AM »
Hi,     I hope someone can help me with this. I have a handi-rifle in 22 hornet, also have 357 barrel. I have only shot about 80 rounds through the 22 h barrel, I have used remington factory load and handload of starting load of lil gun, remington case and winchester primer and bullet. about every 5th shot the case gets stuck, with a rod down the barrel it comes out easily, kinda like the ejector just is not working. Any ideas? Quick fixes?    Dune

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
Re: 22 hornet stuck case problems
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 11:51:19 AM »
Dune

Have you tried to polish the chamber , handis all seem to need a little TLC in this department , check the FAQ's at the top of the forum for some useful hints on how to do it .

I take a empty case and put some Fultz or other good metal polish in it and put a #10 wood screw in the primer flash hole , then chuck it up in a Batt. drill and turn it SLOWLY for about 1 min. then pull it out , wipe out the chamber and re-peet one or two times and it seems to do the trick .

Presto no more stuck cases .

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 12:00:42 PM »
As Stimpy mentioned, check the FAQ and Help. Make sure the chamber is clean and dry as well as the ammo, fouling, oil or solvent in a polished chamber can still cause stuck brass. You can tune the ejector, that info is on Fred's web site in the FAQ and Help under Accurizing or click the globe on one of his posts. ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Woodchuck Sniper

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 03:32:14 AM »
huh?

I have shot about 300 rounds of factory Winny Super X and Hornedy V-Max Hornet ammo through mine with not one stuck case of the rimmed cartige.

I keep the action dry and gave up cleaning the bore (at least for the last 75 rounds or so) as it's the only center fire I have ever owned that acts like a 22lr in regards to cleaning.

Offline ndenway

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 09:19:27 AM »
I've got an topper model that used to do the same thing, I polished the chamber and it cured the problem.
There are worse things in life than death,
I know cause I've been told that I'm one.