Author Topic: Where is everyone from?  (Read 48815 times)

Offline Two Bears

• Trade Count: (10)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Where is everyone from?
« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2008, 01:57:34 AM »
Reside in Albert Lea, Mn. Hunt pheasants, quail, grouse, woodcock, coyotes, bobcats, deer, wild pig, wild turkey and would someday like to try bear and elk hunting.  Have a 5 year old Brittany who is doing one fantastic job for me.  Love watching her work!  Just took a nice 140-160# boar last week and now getting ready for spring turkey.

Bluegunner,I am from Albert Lea but live in Geneva, ever get out to any shooting ranges here? Or the Archery club in town? I shoot at the archery club a lot maybe I will see you up there.
I also run a shorthair and she is  a hard hunter/tracker.
HAVING A LIBERAL ALONG IS LIKE LOSING 2 GOOD MEN

Offline kody

• Trade Count: (26)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2008, 04:30:31 PM »
Just found the MN connection after 10 months in GBO. I was surprised to see so many MN members .I [we] have retired to the waaay North Shore ,in Hovland after a full lifetime in the TC area. It's weird but I only hunt bear occasionaly and travel to Lanesboro twice a year for turkey and deer. I pass all those hunters giong up nort' on the way. You can see our spread on my wife's  www.chicagobayhideaway.com  site. I got my moose 6 years ago ,and bait/hunt bear on bad berry years,fish far too little and mainly keep on adding to the building project. I'm arriving late to this site and it looks like the action is tapering off, but I will be happy to answer any messages. I'm Ken Lacey ---kelacey@centurytel.net ---- 218 -475-2240

Offline udarrell

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2008, 06:52:42 AM »
I live & hunt in SW WI.
I hunt coyotes, fox & deer in WI.

How about these MN coyote hunters - a Bus Load of Coyotes:
http://www.udarrell.com/coyote_mn66_hunters_photo.htm
- Darrell

Offline deerhuntertyler

« Reply #93 on: March 25, 2009, 08:56:58 AM »
I'm from medford Minnesota. I live on a family owned dairy farm and work at hy-vee. I hunt deer, bear, coyotes, geese, duck, thesant and general small game. I have recently gotten into bow hunting and traping. I'm also into fishing, 4-wheeling, dirt-bikeing, snowmobileing, camping, hikeing, and building stuff. I'm new hear so bear with me.
If its worth doing, Its worth doing right!

Offline packerbacker

« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2009, 03:31:42 PM »
hello all across the border folks

i'm from central wisconsin (port edwards). i deer in hunt in waupaca county wi and have made the LONG trek north and west to hunt with my brother in law near Squaw Lake. (he and my sister live in Bemidji with their 3 boys). i have been hunting a few days during gun season the past 3 years (would spend more time, but it is right when the bow hunting gets good in wi and i usually tru to take some vacation time to bow hunt) took my first mn deer this year albeit only a doe. have to start somewhere i guess. used my trusty shotgun which surprised alot in their camp (we can only use shotgun/muzzleloader during gun season where i hunt in wi). for the past 7 or 8 years, i have also made a 3 day trip to ice fish. we used to go to Red lake for crappie but have not for the past 2 or 3 years. lasy year we went to lake of the woods but only got 1 walleye. the saugers we could have eaten in a brat bun - not a good trip. oh well. hope to have many more enjoyable trips back to mn. by the way, we lived in south mnpls for 7 years before moving back to wi. can hardly believe all the change - i barely found our old house !! i have enjoyed reading all your posts. good huntin and fishing to you all from a neighbor to the east.
mitch

Offline Drae

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #95 on: March 29, 2009, 10:14:48 AM »
 I live in Grand Rapids but I spend the winters in the southwest. AZ & NM Over 5 months on the road. I love bird hunting & AZ supplies with quail hunting until in Feb..But the dog is getting old & I'm getting old, so I don't know how many more years are ahead. But right now I can walk many miles in day & I am in good health! Waiting for the weather to break right now to start my trip home. If anyone is interested in going along hunting grouse & pheasants in MN or hunting quail in AZ, let me know.

Offline mauser98us

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (40)
  • 10 mm junkie and Whelan wacko
« Reply #96 on: March 29, 2009, 01:04:24 PM »
I was born and raised in Arizona. In 2002 I contracted a job near Buffaloe.and had a great time hunting geese and ducks.Saw some white tail and turkeys. Kinda miss Grain Belt and Linekugle's tho.

Offline UAD7116

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2009, 04:39:53 PM »
Hi my name is Kris I am new to this sight and new to the state I just moved to Barnevilles MN in Clay county from south carolina, I love to hunt but I havent found any places to go yet I've only been living here for 3 weeks, my father-in-law has some land in the Staples area right out side of town, but Im hoping to find somewhere to hunt a little closer or maybe a little bigger he has 80 acres and during rifle season theres 6 people already hunting there not including me, I have hunted there last year and it was a little cramped they way it is layed out.  If anyone has any advice on some good places to go please chime in, I bowhunt, gun hunt, and muzzleload hunt, for deer, never had a chance for bear but I'd hunt it to if I have the oppertunity, small game really anything in season I'll hunt it.  so any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks Kris
Always look out for number 1 and don't step in number 2!!

Offline kody

• A Real Regular
« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2009, 09:28:35 PM »
  Welcome UAD 7116 [Kris} to our state and to this forum . I'm Ken Lacey,a retired aircraft worker. I live about as far away from you as you can travel ,and still be in MN! That is the far NE tip of the state ,about 25 miles from the Canadian border at the junction of L. Superior. Great bear hunting up here ,good fishing,declining moose, cycling grouse  a few ducks and not a single pheasant or turkey. We had 21 deer in our yard today,they come down from the back-country because it's warmer by the lake.The wolves come along too,so we keep a close eye on our Goldens. We drive across the state to hunt deer in the corn country ,visit with friends and a half -year later we go back down there and hunt turkeys in the same woods. If you want to hunt bear I can bait for you  and you can stay here but you can do as well within 50 miles of your place . Any way ,welcome!   Ken

Offline UAD7116

« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2009, 01:07:44 PM »
Thanks for the offer Ken I may take you up on that bear hunting, we'll see whats going with my work and everything (just started a new job).  But thanks and I let you know. Kris

Offline MUDD_RATT

« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2009, 08:05:49 AM »
Hello, I am new to the site and once again new to the state. I was born a southern boy (Albert Lea, Mn.) and moved thru-out the U.S. as well as 53 other countries during my stint with the Army. Moved back to the mid-west after 5 years in So. Ca. Only shooting they did there was downtown or on the freeways, good place to leave. Lived in Wisc. for 13 years and now back in Cambridge Mn. Hunt deer, fox, coy, whistle pigs, bear around the Askov and Sunrise area and hogs in east Texas every year. Bow, smoke-pole and conventional long and handguns. Other than hunting I like to fish, camp, 4-wheel, re-load and my veggie garden.

Offline kody

• A Real Regular
« Reply #101 on: April 17, 2009, 10:47:09 AM »
   Hi there  MUDD-RATT, My name is Ken and I live in the NE tip of the state,Hovland,MN just past Grand Marais. We have deer a,grouse and bear up here ,but most of my hunting is in SE MN. We've friends there and we visit them in Turkey season and Muzzle loader season. My interest in single shot shooting got a boost when I found this site and I have learned a lot from it and the people who subscribe to it.Check with me if you plan on coming to this part of the state . Right now I've a one-man campaign to boost sales/availability/recognition and demand for Black Horn 209 black-powder sustitute. The stores in the surrounding states can't keep it on the shelves and the stores in MN don't carry it !  GO FIGURE.    Ken

Offline cult .44

« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2010, 05:46:34 AM »
I live in Robbinsdale, half a block from the Minneapolis city limits. I work downtown as a software developer. I guess I'm an urban guy who likes living in the city but visiting the country. I'm a novice deer hunter, having filled my first tag just last year hunting in the Mille Lacs WMA, about 75 miles north of the cities.
"Our knowledge increases each year. Yet what we know is as trivial as a whisper in a vast desert."
     - Robert A. Pinker, "Understanding Firearm Ballistics"

Offline Mnswede

• Avid Poster
« Reply #103 on: March 06, 2010, 07:27:51 AM »
It's been awhile since I've been here.  Got rid off dial up and took my time getting satellite.  It's good to be back online.  With so many Minnesota people here, maybe we should think about a get together for a shooting or something.  Thanks to BnSF, I have 9/10 mile road along side the track and it's in swamp land, for distance shooting get together? ;D

Offline Skunk

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #104 on: March 06, 2010, 08:06:01 AM »
Just so everyone knows Chicago is not in Minnesota! :-[

Thanks for the clarification Grim. You know, I never knew that. I've been going around all my life believing that Chicago, Illinois is in Minnesota. Finally, after all these years, someone tells me the truth. ;D
Mike

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" - Frank Loesser

Offline HuntingGuy

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #105 on: March 26, 2010, 01:30:57 AM »
Thanks for the clarification Grim. You know, I never knew that. I've been going around all my life believing that Chicago, Illinois is in Minnesota. Finally, after all these years, someone tells me the truth.
;D :D
HuntingGuy
Hunting in Minnesota Moderator

"You can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy"

Offline UAD7116

« Reply #106 on: April 03, 2010, 08:40:42 AM »
I'm down with a shooting get together, where are you located?

Offline thejanitor

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (59)
« Reply #107 on: April 08, 2010, 07:17:41 PM »
Hello everyone: thejanitor from Bemidji here, we hunt small game/grouse, archery for deer, rifle for deer in MN & MT. Muzzleloader (flint lock) when the opportunity comes along. We enjoy reloading for our deer rifles
We used to blackpowder rendezvous and enjoyed it much, life got busy and something had to go.... But we still enjoy shooting and throwing hawk & knife.
We deer hunt on state land, camp at state parks in the summer when we can.
We try to ice fish a few times a winter, But we fish often in the summer.
Thanks everyone for posting. I like the idea of a shoot if the date works out.
Thanks, Brent

Offline zr1gary

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #108 on: May 27, 2013, 06:06:58 AM »
Near Annandale.

Targets are mostly what I hunt.

Enjoy fishing and reloading as well.

Trade guns to try different ones.

Looking forward to Summer 2013.

Be Safe!   :)