Author Topic: Good Weekend of Chasing the Rabbits  (Read 329 times)

Offline Froghunter

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
  • Contributor
  • .38 Special and .357 S&W Magnum Stuff
Good Weekend of Chasing the Rabbits
« on: November 06, 2006, 01:18:19 PM »
To All,

Well the Froghunter is back! In the spring the U.S. Army decided I needed to move to Fort Leonard Wood, MO. I kind of miss the 3rd ID at Fort Stewart, GA. The wife had a heart value replaced in August and is doing fine. She hunted the rabbits with me and the kids on Sunday. She and the daughter are having problems cocking thier shotguns. We are going to practice cocking and uncocking them this week of an evening. My daughter had to switch to the .410, the Topper 20 guage youth has to much recoil and yes I have loader the rear stock with #9 lead shot. I will take her to the range and we'll shot some ballon on the ground. She needs to learn how to shoulder and aim her shotgun. The wifes 20 guage TDC is doing fine with it's walnut youth stock and she is shooting it fine, just not to good with moving rabbits, but in the next couple of weeks she will be hitting them. She is using a Skeet 1 choke from Trulock out of GA. #6 shot  7/8oz. field loads. My set up is a 20 guage TDC with cylinder choke from Trulock, shooting 71/2 shot in 7/8oz field loads. We hunt the rabbits behind beagles. The game brought to bag this weekend was 2 swamp rabbits, 1 cottontail and 3 American Woodcock.  Well time for dinner and will post in the coming days
"Think Positive and Positive Things Will Happen"

"There's Only One Bore Size and That is .357....That's MHO"

Froghunter