Author Topic: I have a confession to make..  (Read 600 times)

Offline knight0334

• Trade Count: (3)
    • Pennsylvania Firearm Owners
I have a confession to make..
« on: August 29, 2006, 09:50:02 AM »
Brothers and sisters,   I have a confession..

This last weekend I went down to my favorite gunshop to pickup another Handi for a project.  ...but I got there I saw that they had a Ruger single action 32 H&R mag for sale.   So, I molested the nice little revolver for awhile until saw what I've been wanting for all my life.   A hammered side-by-side 12ga shotgun.

Needless to say, a new Handi didn't come home with me.  I'm the proud parent to a Liberty II 24" 12ga IC/M choked scatterblaster.  For being an import gun on the cheap side ($429+tax/etc) it is really really nice!  The wood is beautiful, with a very tight wood-to-metal fit.  The Turkish walnut has some sweet grain and marbling, somewhat resembling a fine English double shotgun/rifle.  The action on this shotty is darn tight too.  Nice case hardened finish as well.

This shotgun will play a few parts for me, a dove, rabbit, squirrel, and grouse blaster.   ...and a formitable home defense cannon.

Here's basically what it looks like, except the case coloring is more prominate.   I'll post actual pics of it once I get back home from my out-of-town job

RIP ~ Teeny: b.10/27/66 - d.07/03/07

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
Re: I have a confession to make..
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 12:50:16 PM »
For the old style coach gun , i think we will let you slide on this one , BUT do not let it happen again .  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline dw06

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 01:15:24 PM »
Shame Shame,well at least you bought a nice one,can't wait to see pics
If you find yourself in a hole,the first thing to do is stop digging-Will Rogers

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 01:45:17 PM »
I know the feeling, we all slip once in a while, that's a fine way to slip, at least it's a hammer gun and wasn't one of them b...bo...bolt guns!!! ;D I slipped recently and bought a K31, just had to!! ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 01:46:05 PM »
Nice shotty 8)
If you can afford it, I don't fault anyone getting what they want and are looking for. I also would like to have a classic Double barrel. Hope she shoots good for ya, like I doubt that... and nice wood too.
What chamber size is it by the way?
-Aaron

Offline knight0334

• Trade Count: (3)
    • Pennsylvania Firearm Owners
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 01:15:27 AM »
Thanks guys for not reprimanding me too harshly.  The new Handi that I originally went down to get, ...and that Ruger Single Six 32mag will eventually come home with me.

Myarmor, this one has 3" chambers-which was the icing on the cake for me.  The 20" version has the 2-3/4", and the gun shop had one of them in stock.  Although, the 20" coachguns only have IC/IC or C/C chokes. .... a lil too open for me.
RIP ~ Teeny: b.10/27/66 - d.07/03/07

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 02:21:15 AM »
.....Myarmor, this one has 3" chambers-which was the icing on the cake for me.....
It would be for me too if I were looking for one. I love the double barrels, just a nice classic look and feel.