Author Topic: Binocular Neck Strap Suspenders  (Read 420 times)

Offline cjensen

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
Binocular Neck Strap Suspenders
« on: August 28, 2006, 08:53:39 AM »
I am looking for a Suspender type Binocular Neck Strap.
Is one better than the rest?
Any thing to watch for?

My goal in life is to have a carbon footprint the size of Al Gore's. I can be living the good life and know I am not causing global warming. Make Al your carbon standard.

Offline EsoxLucius

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Binocular Neck Strap Suspenders
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 10:22:10 AM »
Crooked Horn makes the Slide and Flex Bino System for a variety of optics companies.  Eagle Optics, Leica, Swarovski, Leupold, Bushnell, Alpen, etc. All around $20 or less.

http://www.eagleoptics.com/search.asp?q=harness&pid=2025

I've used this harness for several years and it is now second nature putting it on and taking it off.  Some people have a problem using them, but if they do they probably have a problem donning a t-shirt as well.
We learn something new everyday whether we want to or not.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 10:24:10 AM »
I really like the Cabela's harness, works great, won't break the bank or your neck, they make you forget you're even wearing them!! I've had em for several years, my son and huntin partner both use em too, makes a big difference. They don't put any pressure on your neck since they support the weight from the shoulders. They stay close to your chest even when you bend down, don't get in the way at all when sneaking in low stance or going under low limbs and such. Yet they're right there for instance use to pull up to your eyes. Putting them on takes a little practice, but if you can envision them as a t-shirt and put them on like you would a shirt over your head, it works great!

Tim

Bino Harness

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline jrhen

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 07:11:47 PM »
I have a set from Sportman's Wharehouse and a set with the "L" name on the leather piece that holds the straps together.  They both seem to come from the same factory in China.  ;)

Both have held up well under much scouting\hiking and two hunting trips.  I bought coat that was one size to big and put on the bio's before putting on the jacket.  By keeping them close to my body the len's don't fog up.  The other bennifit is you use the bio's more, they are right there for use.

Once you try em you won't be disappointed.
Be kind to animals.... cook them properly.

Offline cjensen

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 08:35:33 AM »
Thanks to all,
I am only trying to determine if any of the many, similar straps are better than the others. I have already decided that I will be buying one in the next two days. I just can't see any differances from the ads. Right now it looks like the Bushnell, just due to price. Any comments pro or con?
My goal in life is to have a carbon footprint the size of Al Gore's. I can be living the good life and know I am not causing global warming. Make Al your carbon standard.

Offline TheOpticZone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 02:32:40 PM »
I believe that a lot of difference straps are all produced by Crooked Horn.  So I would look for the best priced.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!