Author Topic: update on mitchell  (Read 529 times)

Offline mitchell

• Trade Count: (8)
update on mitchell
« on: August 28, 2006, 01:17:58 PM »
i'm getting the heck out of this place , fort benning (aka the butt whole of the world) . i'm now going to fort hood (leaving wednesday) i don't know if i'm going to the 1st cav or the 3rd ACR , but i think i'm going to the 3rd ACR and that stinks i hate the BFV (bradly) and odds are i'm going to be in one.

i do hear that the huinting for deer and coyotte is pertty good around there, so the 243 handi and my 30-06 ultra comp will be going with me and i'm looking around for a 300 win mag  and i'm going to buy the next 25-06 handi i see (can you tell this signing bounis thing is going to my head) well heck if i'm going to be paid to be shot at i might as well injoy myself before it happens hoo-ah.

i'm yet to thing of a way to get handloading stuff into a barracks?? and i do'n know anybody down there to keep all my stuff with so i'm kinda stuck. i would hate to stop handloading, if i didn't handload i think my 243 would just refuse to fire and i doubt it would still shoot in the .2's.

anyhow i'll stop venting i just wanted to let you all know what was going on.

mitch
curiosity killed the cat , but i was lead suspect for a while

Offline Datil

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (17)
Re: update on mitchell
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 01:36:05 PM »

Hello Smart A-- Glad to hear you are out of cess pool now you going to another,
 I think you can deer on base, Did at one time even civilians. I kill a nice fat doe
 one time. You care of your happy butt . Marv.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 01:36:28 PM »
Mitch.....lucky you!!! ;D I spent 2 yrs at Benning, 8 months before I went to Nam and almost a year and a half after I got back, wasn't bad living off post in Columbus, but that was 36yrs ago, lots has changed more than likely. I hunted deer on post, there were turkeys too, but I never hunted em then, stupid me, big mistake on my part! ::)

Thanks for checkin in, take care and make the most of it!! ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline bladerunner

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 02:51:43 PM »
Hello Mitch....It's been awhile since I posted here  (or even came to this forum,for that matter,since I'm not a "handi-holic" anymore)but I still think about you guys and thought I'd check in.........Ft.Benning is only about 30 miles from my house,too bad you're checkin out wednesday or we might could get together and shoot or something

glad to hear you're doin well,Mitch,and I hope you like the new place better than this one :)
Good shot placement + well constructed bullet = DEAD

Matt B.

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 03:29:23 PM »
Mitchell

When you get to hood , make friends with someone in the armory , they almost always have the reloading stuff set up for the guys in the rifle and pistol teams , they will probably let you use it or they may let you have some room to set up yours .
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline 218Bee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 05:01:20 PM »
What Lou said, Mitchell. Guys that make powder gotta make a liviing, too. Go burn some ;D

Rick
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
-- Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Dillohide

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 06:02:43 PM »
Lot of good hunting on base at Ft. Hood. Especially North Fort Hood around Gatesville. They used to take civilians in on hunts, don't know if they still do. Enjoy your stay in Texas ... we're glad to have you.

Offline Norseman112

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 10:15:33 AM »
Hey Mitch good to hear from you, I was in fort benning myself for a few months. I hope you find that 25-06 your looking for to.

John