Author Topic: Cabelas Pine Ridge Tactical .17 riflescope 6-18x40mm: Opinions  (Read 797 times)

Offline coyote trapper1928

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
    • North Country Outdoors
Hi:

Has anyone used the Pine Ridge Tactical .17 riflescope?  I was looking at the 6-18x40mm version , and was wondering what people thought of it.  Any opinions?  It is from Cabelas.

Thanks,
coyote trapper1928

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Cabelas Pine Ridge Tactical .17 riflescope 6-18x40mm: Opinions
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 09:29:49 AM »
All the pine ridge scopes are made in China I think.  They are Cabela's bottom end scope at best though some have got good service out of them and you can't beat the warranty. Nobody knows who makes them and they want tell you as they are afraid people won't spend the dough on their Alaskan Guide series if they knew who made them.   Cabela's will replace or refund if not happy....

Offline redawg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Cabelas Pine Ridge Tactical .17 riflescope 6-18x40mm: Opinions
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 06:17:29 AM »
I realize this is an old post, but I'm gonna respond anyway.  My Dad put one of these on a Marlin 17 HMR.  He swapped it for a Bushnell 5-15 Legend he wanted on another rifle.  The Cabela's Pine Ridge got pulled off and returned after 1 weekend of trying to use it on prairie dogs.  The clarity was awful.  The adjustments seemed to work alright, as there weren't any problems getting it zeroed.  I can't say wether the yardadge markings were correct or not(for the trajectory compensation), since we zeroed it @ 100 yards and then took it out after prairie dogs.  As far as the clarity, it got blurry around the edge of the scope and had kind of an amber tint to the lens.  I don't think the amber tint would've been so bad if the resolution was better.  All in all, my Dad loves using his 17 HMR on prairie dogs, but would rather not have a scope on it and not be able to use the gun, than have this scope on it! HTH!