Author Topic: CCW IN KANSAS IS NOW THE LAW!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 840 times)

Offline CharlieinKansas

• Trade Count: (0)
CCW IN KANSAS IS NOW THE LAW!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: March 24, 2006, 06:24:12 AM »
CCW WAS PASSED 3/23/06 BY OVERTURNING THE GOVENOR'S VETO. APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED JAN.1st 2007 AT YOUR LOCAL SHERRIF'S OFFICE.
Beware of the man whom owns but one rifle, He more than likely knows how to use it.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 11:16:03 AM »
Wish I could have reported the same for WI   :twisted: Good for them it just puts more pressure on WI to pass it.  Though that probably will not happen until we get rid of this jerk anti gun gov.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 05:34:20 PM »
That is good news, sorry it took so long & of course for no good reason.

jh45gun, is it possible to get rid of those Liberal goons, especially your Governer?
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 09:13:01 PM »
I really do not know I think WI is a mirror of the Country. Lots of Republicans in the rual areas and lots of liberal Democrats in the big cities and union areas. I would suppose a Gov Race could go either way. Tommy Thompson who was a Republican Gov for a long time and was well liked in WI until Bush took him for a Cabinet Position. Then his side kick McCallum  became Gov  and ticked eveyr one off with wanting to take money from the cities and towns to balance the budget so he got beat. Tha is pretty much how this anti gun gov Doyle got elected as the former Gov screwed up after he took over Thompsons job. If McCallum would have been elected we would have CC in WI. When this Gov ran it was a 3 way race as Thompsons brother ran on a Libertarian ticket which had to hurt McCallum somewhat. We can only hope this clown Doyle gets beat this election.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline countryrebel8174

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 12:27:35 AM »
i dont even worry about concealed carry i just pack my colt combat commander in a shoulder rig or a hip holster in plan site. when im in the truck it sits up on the dash and ive never had no problems. you guys will probally have a better chance of having to use yours though with it tucked under your shirt .

country rebel
they can try and take my guns....but i aint givin' em up until all my shells are gone or i quit breathing.

Offline magooch

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 03:41:58 AM »
Hey Countryreb, good on ya, but I'm sure you know that diplaying your heat on the left side of your state--namely Portland--would probably get those liberal weenies all flustered.  

The Portland cops have a somewhat deserved reputation of shooting first and asking questions later, so ifin you venture over around that neck of the woods, take care.
Swingem

Offline countryrebel8174

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2006, 11:33:29 PM »
yea i dont much like the big city....i just stay to my little po dunk cow towns and leave it at that. my wifes been wanting me to get a concealed carry permit for a few years because of the whole cops shooting and asking questions later thing but i feel it is my right to carry my gun and i wear it proud. the whole idea of having to get a permit just seems wrong to me. pretty soon we are gonna have to have a preapproved permit just to OWN a gun....after that who knows what will happen. maybe they will just come and try to take em. thats gonna be a very bad day for EVERYONE involved.

country rebel
they can try and take my guns....but i aint givin' em up until all my shells are gone or i quit breathing.

Offline Daks

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2006, 01:27:47 AM »
In my state, you need a permit to legally own a handgun. Its serial number is recorded on your permit. We also have different gradations of possession. Someone who has a permit for home use may not carry it around unless it is in a locked box and you are headed for the range for target practice. Someone who has a hunting permit may carry it during the appropriate season as long as it meets design criteria for hunting. There are lots of places you cannot legally carry a handgun.

They are also really strict about people who break the law.

Offline countryrebel8174

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2006, 02:15:28 AM »
and what state is this....thats terrible i could never live in a place like that.
what about concealed carry is that out of the question also?

country rebel

Offline jimster

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2006, 10:48:28 AM »
Hey Countryreb, your just like my brother. We can have concealed permits here, and carry open if there is not an ordinance, but he just won't get a permit, he feels the same way you do. Why get a permit for something you should already be able to do.
So I bug him now and then in a friendly way, and tell him he'll get a ticket someday for packing that loaded pistol in his truck without a permit.
Then he just smiled and said something that got me to thinkin.
He told me if he gets pulled over packin a loaded pistol, he'll pay the fine, and get his gun back, cause it's just a misdomeaner for that...he tells me if I foul up with my permit, it's a felony. So he would keep paying fines, and I'd be all done my first screw up.
I just scratched my head a minute...thought about it...and by golly he's right!
Might just have ta let my permit run out and do it his way....(Wink)

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 02:13:48 PM »
Countryrebel8174, looks like you are true to your name, I like your attitude.

Yes, I would like to know what State that is & I could not live there either.
I will put any gun in my truck that I wish, BTW. Sounds like those boys are trying hard to be like Brits, sounds maybe like one of those NE States,
I think those rules are even too much for Kali. I hope at least it is one of those States that you can drive around in about 45 minutes.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline 1stshot

Yeah...
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2006, 05:17:34 PM »
Yeah...our govenor seems to be somewhat of a politician...says one thing and does something else.  She has went on the govenor's turkey hunt every year she's been in office, but then its just like a woman or politician to change her mind.. kind of like hipocritical.  i mean its not like everyone will get a conceal/carry because you most likely have to show reason you have a need to carry a firearm. such as transporting daily reciepts or such. don't get me wrong!...i'm not saying we as people don't have a right to change our minds but I feel if you like guns and hunting you would most likely see why there is a need!  and if you don't like guns and hunting then don't even waste the states money by going on an all exspense paid hunting trip when there are alot more deserving people out there that can do you good and are more deserving and most importantly would enjoy it more.

Offline countryrebel8174

• Avid Poster
Re: CCW IN KANSAS IS NOW THE LAW!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2006, 10:15:14 PM »
i was told by one of the guys at work the other day that they just passed some law here in oregon that you cant have a loaded weapon in a vehicle....i guess its time to put the camo tint back up on the windows of the truck so the cops cant see me taking the clip out .....i hate to break laws but some laws are stupid and momma dint raise no sheep.

country reb

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: CCW IN KANSAS IS NOW THE LAW!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2006, 09:30:47 AM »

The Portland cops have a somewhat deserved reputation of shooting first and asking questions later, so ifin you venture over around that neck of the woods, take care.

Hey Magooch! Those shaky boys & Girls in blue on your side of the river are quick on the draw too!!" Vancouver I mean"...lol, But your right! They say if you want to commit suicide by cop, the place to go is Portland. Think I'll just stay down here in Douglas co. with all my redneck friends!!
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.