Author Topic: s&w mp or XD springfield autos  (Read 698 times)

Offline babe915

• Trade Count: (0)
s&w mp or XD springfield autos
« on: August 23, 2006, 04:41:56 PM »
can't decide which is better the XD  feels good in the grip department, the trigger pull in
both are not the best. maybe you guys that own them can give me some advice.
rather hunt with dick chaney then ride with ted kennedy

Offline Questor

Re: s&w mp or XD springfield autos
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 04:52:20 PM »
Guns of that type are in such a competitive niche that it's a buyer's market. Your best bet is to read the reviews, look at the features, and pick the one you like. You may also want to consider the Beretta px4
Safety first

Offline XD9

• Contributor
  • Match Grade Makes A Difference!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 07:15:08 AM »
I can't speak to the rest but I own a Springfield XD subcompact 9mm and love it (obviously from my avatar).  If you have any specific questions about the XD, let me know.
I'm an accountant and I carry a gun...'nuff said

Offline TxPhantom

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 05:11:27 AM »
I've got a S & W MP40 and really like it. I'll be buying the compact MP40 and probably the 45 when they come out. I've got to admit I have come very close to buying the XD compact several times. They are both great guns as far as I'm concerned. You couldn't go wrong with either. ;)
NRA
TSRA
Texas CHL Holder

Samurai Saying; \"After a victory is the time you should tighten your helmet straps\"

Offline Bearwolf

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 04:04:09 PM »
I just got a xd bi-tone 45acp service model. So far soo good. I would take it anyday over the s&w.

Offline Rigby

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 08:59:20 PM »
I own a Tactical  5" XD- .45 acp. I purchased it new in July 2006. I go to the range once a week to practice defensive shooting. The pistol has not been cleaned
since I bought it(on purpose) as I'm testing its durability. To date its had 500 rounds shot through it with no cleaning except for wiping the exterior of the pistol
and the exterior of the magazine. I fired 50 rounds through it yesterday so total rounds fired now at 550. I had no failures to chamber or extract, the firearm has
performed flawlessly and has had no failures of any kind. For my hand it is a natural fit and points properly for me. Sights are fixed front and rear utilizing the white
dot system. For me target aquisition is extremely fast with these sights. I am used to the 1911 squeeze grip safety so I appreciate the squeeze grip safety on the
XD-.45 acp. The 5" brl. is no problem for me and I prefer it. I feel safer carring this firearm than I do a Glock full size .45 acp. Because of the squeeze grip safety I
feel its a safe carry pistol and a lot more options open up for carry holsters. My pistol loves the standard Speer/230 grain JHP and the Winchester 230 grain ball am-
mo. I have been tearing the center completely out of the targets with this ammunition. I plan on tearing it down and cleaning it sometime in December. If all con-
tinues well with its function I will be more than happy to trust my life to this pistol. I would like to say in closing that I have a healthy respect for Glock Pistols but
for me personally I feel safer carrying the XD- .45 acp. The pistol does have a loaded chamber indicator.

Rigby

Offline poncaguy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2006, 02:30:56 PM »
I had an XD40, traded it off because of rusting problem. Kept my Glock 22 40. Both accurate and dependable pistols. Shot my friends XD45 Tactical, extremely accurate, and they have a new finish that doesn't rust. I would go with the XD.............

Offline kansas45

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2006, 02:51:22 PM »
My XD45 Tactical has just over 4000 round's through it since early March of this year. No trouble yet. Get one for yourself. You won't regret it! ;D
AMERICA........Love it or leave it!

Offline kansas45

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2006, 02:52:41 PM »
My XD45 Tactical has just over 4000 round's through it since early March of this year. No trouble yet. Get one for yourself. You won't regret it! ;D
AMERICA........Love it or leave it!