Author Topic: Picture of USH 20 Gauge  (Read 716 times)

Offline stormsearch

• Trade Count: (0)
Picture of USH 20 Gauge
« on: September 11, 2006, 01:57:49 AM »
Does anybody have a picture of the USH 20 gauge.  The only ones I see are for the 12.  Deluxe or standard doesn't matter.  I'm picking up either the 12 or 20 very shortly.  Thanks.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
Re: Picture of USH 20 Gauge
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 11:16:58 AM »

Straight off the NEF site:

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline stormsearch

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 03:14:21 PM »
Thanks CW, I wasn't sure what I was looking at.  I went to the dealer after work knowing that the 20 looks just as good as the 12.  The dealer is an hour away so didn't have time to check it out if it wasn't something I wanted in the first place.

Pretty decent gun for the price so picked it up.  I also picked up a scope for it.  Got home tonight just a couple hours ago and started to clean the storage oil off it and make it really look nice.  The first problem I had with it is it doesn't want to break open very easy.  Thought I just had to break it in a few times.  Half way of mounting my scope and holding it up to make sure my eye relief was good, I felt something in the forend.  To my displeasure, the fore end is cracked straight through from one of the screws that hold the rubber interface.

You can see straight through it.  This could be the reason why there is some interference from breaking the gun open.

I was planning on shooting this weekend but now get to see how well customer service goes.  I am a little disheartened but something I can deall with.

By the way, I have been lurking here for over a year looking at these USH's, thought I would join the club.  So where does one pick up a side mounted cocking lever???  The scope is a tad close.  Thanks.

Tony

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 03:56:19 PM »
stormsearch,

Sorry to hear of your problem with the forend. Call Customer Service and let them know, they will take care of it. Use the 800 number in the FAQ Stickies up in the Center Fire Rifle Forum. Ask for a CALL TAG, that way they cover the shipping. If it were me, I would request that they send a new forend with a call tag in the box to return your cracked one. Unfortunately the 20 ga USH forend is the only one that will fit that barrel, or you could borrow one from another H&R/NEF so you could shoot it. Even though you ran into a bump in the road, it will be worth it in the end. I wouldn't trade my 20ga USH for any other slug gun out there, not even a Tar. Good luck.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline stormsearch

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 02:37:49 AM »
Well I called this morning and they first requested that I send it in with a note.  I then asked for one to be shipped with a call tag.  I'm surprised for a new gun they expected me to pay for shipping.  The lady on the phone must have not had her coffee in the morning but will see how things go.

Thanks for the contact info in the faq page.  There is some more information there that I never looked at before.  Thanks for everybody's help.