Author Topic: A mouse gun followed me home...  (Read 813 times)

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
A mouse gun followed me home...
« on: September 16, 2006, 12:59:51 PM »
I always said that I wanted a mouse gun for summer weather carry...I cannot conceal my Glock 23 or S&W 6904 under my t-shirts so they were not an option in the warm weather...I purchased a Kel-Tec P32 for warm weather carry...This little semi-auto fits in my front pants pocket in a DeSantis Nemesis holster with minimal printing.  I'm waiting to shoot it until my range officer at work is in so that I can wringe the little shooter out in a range setting...Free of course.  Why pay when the the department has an on-site gun range to use?

Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline ftw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Re: A mouse gun followed me home...
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 04:43:25 PM »
That is a great little gun. I bought one about three months ago and it has become my constant companion. I carry and shoot Fiocchi FMJ but it has also digested everything that I have fed it with nary a hiccup.

I have put around 150 rounds through it so far and it is surprisingly accurate. I go to an out door range that gives me access to a training pit just for my use. I will set up three IDPA or silhouette targets at random distances. I will empty my glock, 1911 or revolver, whatever I am shooting that day, holster it  and as I approach closer pull the p-32 from my pocket and reengage all the targets until it is empty. It is good practice and also fun.

Enjoy yours too.
Inside of every Old Man is a Kid saying "What the Heck Happened"

Frank

Offline camsdaddy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 07:21:29 AM »
I think you will be suprised how accurate that little pistol is. I have had one for about 6 months now and I like it alot. It is carried daily when otherwise I would not be carrying. 32 in the waistband is  better than 45 on the nightstand. It slides in my waistband next to belt buckle and dissapears. You will love it

Offline Castaway

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 05:15:42 AM »
I like to carry the largest pistol I can with the clothes I wear.  Livinng in florida that's very restrictive.  My constant carry gun for three years now has been my P-32.   I made a leather pocket to tote it and it prints like a wallet.  Although I'd rather carry a 1911, it just ain't practical and the Kal-Tec is.  Some of them can be persnickedy on what they will feed, but mine reliably feeds and shoots HydroShocks. 

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 05:39:19 PM »
I actually took this little gun to the range today at work...Wow...I was surprised how well this little thing shoots...Granted, I only shot it from 25 feet but I was able to keep the group down between 2 and 3 inches...I popped off about 50 rounds without a ftf or fte...The only problem was a shooter error...After having shot 50 or so rounds from my Glock, I was used to resetting the trigger just far enough so that I was ready to fire again with minimal trigger finger movement...Well, the Kel-Tec must be let out all the way in order to reset...I didn't let it out all the way and then I pulled the trigger...No Bang...I thought I had an issue...I was wrong...All is well...I just need to remember to let out all the way on the trigger before letting another round fly...
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense