Author Topic: My Reloading room  (Read 1119 times)

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
My Reloading room
« on: September 21, 2006, 03:56:16 AM »
It's not 100% done...but close...I got a little more staining to do..and a couple of outlets to install..and odds&ends to do...and some new carpeting...but it's almost there...

My new book case I built coming into the room off the Home Theater..I used pocket doors to save space...and yes...the walls in the Home Theater are deep red...It helps with the color saturation from the big screen... ;)

With all the other jobs finishing up the remodeling....it's been slow getting everything of mine finished..

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline EVOC ONE

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
Re: My Reloading room
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 04:20:04 AM »
Very Nice!  Effective use of space. The built in safe is an exellent idea.

Enjoy!

EVOC ONE

Offline D.C.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 04:51:02 AM »
that is nice, and all that good lighting, it will be a pleasure to work in there. enjoy!  D.C.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 04:54:58 AM »
Very nice, Mac!
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 05:04:21 AM »
Same here buddy, very cool 8) Not to mention the Marlin XLR thrown in there ;D
The safe in the wall is a great touch, and like was said, a good use of space with the cabinet on top. Good spot to put those "out of reach" goods in. I have been puting off my bench project for a couple months now. I really need to get on the ball...
-Aaron

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 05:05:17 AM »
Lookin good, Mac!!

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 05:35:01 AM »

Thanks Guys..

I figured I would have it done by the end of July...HAH HAH...remodeling while living in the house is a major pain...My new 1895 XLR was my Birthday present from the family...Gota love um for that....It will be going out next week when I start testing those 200 grain Northforks for the 338-o6 A-Square Ultra-Handi...I need to get them all sighted in for Bear/Whitetail/Hog Season in November... ;)...Just waiting on some ammo from a friend for the 45-70...

Mac

Offline dw06

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 10:00:46 AM »
Man thats a fine looking reloading room!I like the safe idea,and the layout of the work area.
If you find yourself in a hole,the first thing to do is stop digging-Will Rogers

Offline mitchell

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 01:16:39 PM »
nice looking room mac ,i want one so bad. they wont let me have anything here. i went from having my own 600 yard range and kick-butt reloading bench to not even being permited to have a gun or reloading press :( in my room.

nise birthday present by the way all i got was a phone call and a beer.

some guys have all the luck
curiosity killed the cat , but i was lead suspect for a while

Offline VTDW

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://www.geocities.com/vtdw336/great_outdoors.html
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2006, 08:35:20 PM »
Mac,

SWEET and I love your recessed lighting system.

Dave 8)
www.marlinowners.com
How did I get over the hill without getting to the top?

http://photobucket.com/albums/v354/vtdw1/

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2006, 10:07:46 PM »
Thanks Guys...

It's been a labor of luv...that's 4-sure...

Mitch...Hang in there buddy...Your time is coming...and look at all of that wonderful paid experiance your getting in the meantime.... ;)...PS...Happy belated B-Day my young friend...

The benches come from Sam's Club...#20206...72"W X 25" D X 37.5" H with 1-3/4" thick maple butcher block tops...These suckers are built like a tank...and weigh about as much :D...They have adjustable  leveling feet too..........The lighting is kinda cool...I Used 3/4" solid oak T&G flooring to trim out the( 3) 4' flouresents up in the soffit I built...and 6 day-light F-40w bulbs for the light...It's bright right where I need it to be..I also used 3/4" clear oak plywood for the bookcase and bench shelfs....and the top cabnet above the safe...and for above my computer area...which is just to durn messy to post right now :-[

I still have a way to go till it's all done...but...at-least it's functional finally...and I'm having fun still putting it all together..I gotta get my other long bow and recurve up on the walls...and some of my art work hanging...and finish staining this weekend...amongst all the other honey do jobs still in progress...

Mac

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2006, 11:53:44 PM »
looks good mac, my room takes up  a 12x20 chuck of my basement,  one question the built in  safe ,,,only one???? i have 4 small ones now>>in a spare bedroom only one???? hahhah it must be VERRRRRYYYYY deep ::)

Offline bajabill

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2006, 03:49:28 AM »
lets see some of the home theater, what kind of hardware is in there :)

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2006, 07:32:36 AM »
Baja:

Right now...while the "bones" are finished..and the leather furniture is in..The equipment is from my old system...I built this room for me & the wife...when the kids finnally give up on the x-box 360...and move on...It's all pre-wired for the infinity in-wall surrounds that will get dropped in..and even for a good projector if I choose that route...but right now..it is set up with a Mitsubishi wx-555 55" 1080i front projector...a Harmon Kardon avs 300..a Toshiba dual vrc/dvd player...and Direct TV H20 high def satillite. The I/O is a Sony Viao 2.4ghx. with a 19" NEC LCD and a Logitech THX 5.1 surround system I look at it as phase 2 in progress...Money is a big issue...and we have a year or better of them using my old system till the price of the 60" 1080P plasma sets comes down...When it does..my 60" Sony SXRD and Pioneer 74TSX THX reciever..Toshiba XA-1HD_DVD..and the Infinity Overtures will find it's way down there...and a new system will go in upstairs...Right now 1080i is good enough for their 360 parties that's all the rage...Still got all the movie posters to get framed and then to hang...Neon signs to purchase..but..again time and money...The kids love it...and is a big hit with their friends...we always have a gang over at one time or another..

If I do post pics..it probably will go up over at the AVS forum..I have a bunch from the demo and buildng aspect of it at-least..I'll let interested folks know when & where..

Mac