Author Topic: Webley mk 6  (Read 310 times)

Offline shotgunner

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
Webley mk 6
« on: September 15, 2006, 04:12:03 AM »
I am about to buy a Webley and wondered if anyone had any input. It has been converted to 45 acp. How accurate should I expect it to be? I am not looking for a lot of power, I figure 230-250 grain bullets at 700-750 fps is about right. Is there an issue with bore size? Should I load .458 bullets? Any comments at all would help. Shotgunner
NSSA member
past PSSA Vice President
Life member NRA
Father of 3
Hunter/ Trapper/Fisherman
Owner, Skyline Skeet & Trap
Gun nut
"Game butchery is as objectionable as any other form of wanton cruelty or barbarity; but to protest against all hunting is a sign of softness of head not soundness of heart"
Theodore Roosevelt

Offline rk3006

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Webley mk 6
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 06:59:37 AM »
Just seen your post, I have two Webley's, a mk. 4 with a 4" bbl. and a mk.5 with a 6" bbl. Both are .45 acp. I use .45 auto rim brass and load 5 grs. Unique with a 250 gr. 454 dia. lead swc. This pretty much matches the original load. Accuracy is great. You will be happy with this great and historic handgun. Good luck and good shooting... rk3006

Offline shotgunner

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 04:42:02 AM »
RK

Thanks for the reply. I already had a Dillon conversion for 45 AR to load for a couple of S&W 1917s. Maybe a new .454 expander will be all I need. I have found that cast bullets don't work well in moon clips, but maybe in the Webley it will be different. I like the clips because I don't loose brass with them. I had a .38 S&W Webley ones, double action only, and it had a 32 lb trigger pull. Traded it off quickly. I think this one will be different. Shotgunner
NSSA member
past PSSA Vice President
Life member NRA
Father of 3
Gun nut
"Game butchery is as objectionable as any other form of wanton cruelty or barbarity; but to protest against all hunting is a sign of softness of head not soundness of heart"
Theodore Roosevelt

Offline zipperzap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 07:55:52 AM »
I have a 6"'er ... accuracy is good - what you'd probably expect! 8)
“A man is but the product of his thoughts ...
if he thinks - he is.”

Offline shotgunner

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 09:02:36 AM »
Zipper

I hope you are talking about a revolver. Ha Ha. Shotgunner
NSSA member
past PSSA Vice President
Life member NRA
Father of 3
Gun nut
Theodore Roosevelt