Author Topic: Lee 6 cavity round ball mould group buy?  (Read 910 times)

Offline Will52100

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Lee 6 cavity round ball mould group buy?
« on: February 21, 2006, 06:58:36 PM »
Anyone interested in a 6 cavity round ball mould group buy?

I'm thinking of two, one in .380 and one in .454.  I don't even know if it's posible yet or if Lee would be able to do it with the tangent cut off like in there two cavity moulds.  At this point I'd live with a bit of a sprue for a 6 cavity.

When I get my income tax return I'm going to see about getting one made regardless, but it'd be a big savings and potentialy help other people out if a bunch of us get together.

I will try to contact Lee pretty soon and see what I can find out.  Rite now I'm just seeing if there's any intrest or if I'm the only one wanting higher production round balls.

Thanks
The thing about freedom, it's never free
www.courtneyknives.com

Offline Will52100

• A Real Regular
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 11:08:58 AM »
No go on the Lee 6 cavities, they flatly refuse to cut more than one round ball cavity custom mould at a time.  They say they can't, I find it hard to believe.  If I was a better machinest I would just buy a cherry and mould blanks and make my own.  I'm checking into NEI moulds, they have 6 cavity, but are kinda high.
www.courtneyknives.com

Offline Will52100

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 11:10:20 AM »
No go on the Lee 6 cavities, they flatly refuse to cut more than one round ball cavity custom mould at a time.  They say they can't, I find it hard to believe.  If I was a better machinest I would just buy a cherry and mould blanks and make my own.  I'm checking into NEI moulds, they have 6 cavity, but are kinda high.
www.courtneyknives.com

Offline steveb3006

• Reload'n And Levergun'n
Re: Lee 6 cavity round ball mould group buy?
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 05:29:46 PM »
I dont see why they cant but I'm no machinist. They do custom runs all the time. If you can get 25 folks in on this Lee will waive the setup charge and this it shouldnt cost anymore than 56.00 bucks for a Lee six banger.
Its a helluva thing killin a man,you take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have
                                        ***CLINT EASTWOOD***

www.reloadingandlevergunning.blogspot.com

Offline Will52100

• A Real Regular
Re: Lee 6 cavity round ball mould group buy?
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 05:37:44 PM »
Ya, I don't know what the problem is, or even how they machine a 6 cavity.  I would think that if they could do a double cavity they could do a six with no problem.  Didn't get any explanaition other than "we can't do that"
www.courtneyknives.com