Author Topic: need help  (Read 540 times)

Offline Illhunter

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
need help
« on: December 05, 2006, 04:33:09 PM »
i am lookig for a small 22 cal auto can you all recommend some don't want to buy a junk one it is for my dad so any help would be appreciated thanks

Terry

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: need help
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 04:54:34 PM »
How small? For what use?

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline jpsmith1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 11:23:23 AM »
Well, if you're looking for a 'mouse gun' type carry gun.  I'd do everything that I can to talk you OUT of a .22lr.  There are so many larger caliber guns that are small enough for pocket carry that the .22 for this purpose is just wrong.  While the .22 is certainly capable of dealing a lethal wound, the 9mm, .380, .32, .38 spl are all better choices in my opinion.

On the other hand, if you are looking for a 'plinker' type field gun.  There are a number to choose from.  S&W and Browning each make good ones and aren't the only ones.  These generally aren't pocket small, but are pleasant to shoot and with good ammo, extremely accurate.
Searching for the perfect left handed revolver.....

Offline Illhunter

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 12:02:06 PM »
it is not a carry gun if it was a carry gun for me i would be looking at something much bigger it is something i am looking for my dad wants it and if i can find a good deal he has a rifle i can trade it for it will be a plinking gun for the most part nothing else and it doesn't have to be anything fancy it is a trade gun for me i would probably go for a 357 or larger for a carry gun but there is no ccw in IL thanks

Terry

Offline jpsmith1

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 02:54:43 PM »
Next question.  Must it be an auto? 

Ruger makes a fine single action revolver.  It's a matter of personal taste.  Most of the .22 autos are excellent shooting guns as is the Ruger Single Six. 

I'm partial to revolvers, shoot them better than I do autos and thus tend to suggest them.
Searching for the perfect left handed revolver.....

Offline Illhunter

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 06:23:56 PM »
he wants an auto or i don't know who made it but he also mentioned a gun my grandpa had that was a 22 revolver with a 2" barrel but it was on a very heavy frame like a 357 frame or a 22 mag with a 8-10" barrel i would like to find one of these for him at a very good deal  thanks

Terry 

Offline SneakyPete

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 04:41:08 AM »
Berretta makes a real nice .22 auto.  My wife has one and it's never jammed or failed to fire. It's a model 21A and they're still under $200.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 02:41:00 AM »
I will second the SneakyPete on this one.  I have a Beretta 21A in 22lr and I love it - great little piece that hasn't ever failed me.  A number of my friends have these and love them.  I would also suggest youtake anew look at the Walther P22 - neat little piece.  I'm thinking of getting one for my fiance (so I canplay with it - lolol).  HTH.  Mikey.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006, 09:18:04 AM »
Ruger also makes a single six that is a goodun--had one for years--wish I still did.
S&W also.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2006, 09:56:14 AM »
if were in the market it would either be a ruger mark 3 or the walther/smithwesson 22.   boht neat guns for the money