Author Topic: Caliber thought(s)  (Read 619 times)

Offline andrewtheelder38

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Caliber thought(s)
« on: October 07, 2006, 01:51:00 AM »
....I just had a thought about wish lists and wanted calbers in our beloved single shot handi rifles.....Now that Marlin owns nef/Hr1871....don't you think that they are way overdue for offering .444 marlin and some of the other pistol calibers that they offer in the marlin line of lever actions in their new product the handi rifle as well??????.....just a thought......

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
Re: Caliber thought(s)
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 04:56:17 AM »

The 444 was offered a few years ago...and many of us have been bugging them to re-issue them for about as long...

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline andrewtheelder38

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 09:54:04 AM »
.....Now isn't that interesting?....there was a gun shop in Brunswick near the naval air station there (Maine) that went out of business some time ago....but before it did, I used to drop in there regularly as well as the pawn shop and gun shop in town (never know what those crazy navy guys might "trade-in") and he had handi rifles in stock regularly (shotguns and muzzleloaders too) and I did see one 450 marlin handi there, I think it was an ultra hunter.....but I never knew they issued it in .444.....Damn, figures, I missed all the really "cool" ones like 7mm mauser and 7x64 Brenneke too!.....wish these guys would get about the business of calibers like these.....and I'd like to see a 6.5x54r....what a cool caliber for the handi!!!!.....oh well, if wishes were horses beggers would ride!

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 10:11:25 AM »

Perhaps you missed this?

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/smf/index.php/topic,99436.30.html

Let your wishes be known...

Mac

Offline SHOOTER 72

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 02:24:24 PM »
does anyone think they will ever chamber the handi rifle for .32 h&r mag ? i know it is on the wish list but whats the probability of it ever being chambered ?

Swampman

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 02:29:29 PM »
The .357 Mag as a standard offering and a .44 Mag that was accurate would be nice.

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 06:49:55 PM »
does anyone think they will ever chamber the handi rifle for .32 h&r mag ? i know it is on the wish list but whats the probability of it ever being chambered ?

If they get enough request for it...it's a real possibility...just like any of the others...

Mac

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 06:55:27 PM »
Perhaps a dire plea...ANYONE that reads these threads, and wants to see more Calibers/Configs/Stocks/ Or even to keep a caliber barrel in stock that you are going to purchase.. POST in this link:
http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/smf/index.php/topic,99436.30.html
If ya got a voice, let it be heard. Seems they are hard of hearing :P ::) ;D
-Aaron