Author Topic: Bushnell 3200 fire fly  (Read 575 times)

Offline Buckfever

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Bushnell 3200 fire fly
« on: October 10, 2006, 04:28:43 PM »
One of the scopes I am looking at for my 9.3x62 is a lower power Bushnell 3200 fire fly.  Hunt Black Bear and will take on a Moose trip next year.  Will this scope take the recoil?? 

I like the Leupold VX-ll  and the Burris Signature Safari.  The Rainguard feature and Firefly would be great for both Black Bear and Moose.  Ability to take a lot of rugged treament, boats, horses, and weather is first and foremost.  As to power, may get a 20 yard shot, may have to shoot out to 200yds.  As always I really appreciate any actual experiences.  Thanks again Buckfever

Offline Cecil

• Avid Poster
Re: Bushnell 3200 fire fly
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 03:07:05 AM »
I have one mounted on a Ruger No1 45-70, have shot reloads 350 gr hornaday up to 2300 fps. This a lite rifle and recoil is extreem on the bench. no problem with the scope, haven't found much use for fire fly recticle , I don't think at 200yds you get a good sight pic.
Cecil

Offline Zachary

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 02:47:20 AM »
Buckfever,

I have an Elite 3200 1.5x-4.5x-32mm Firefly on my .375H&H Mag and it has held up perfectly with no problems whatsoever.  Would you believe that I get 1/4" groups and better?!?!?!  It's true, so at least we know that the scope holds up very well.

The only thing that I don't like about the firefly reticle is that it is too thick for my taste.  Other than that, you really can't beat it.

Plus, remember that this scope has rainguard which will definately be invaluable to your moose hunt where rain, fog, etc. are common.

Zachary

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 11:32:45 AM »
The Elite 3200 is hold up no problem.  But I agree with Zachary, I don't care for the heavy post on the firefly.  But that is just my taste and opinion.  The Elite 3200's are very nice scopes for the money.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!

Offline Dave in WV

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 03:06:41 PM »
Zachary's Shooting with his 3200 scope shows it's repetition of propper form at the bench is what  gives good results and not reticle thickness or magnification. I bought a VX2 1x4 with the standard duplex and had it changed to a German #4 reticle. The standard duplex Leupold id too thin for many folks taste. My son has a 6x42 Leupold with the heavy duplex on his M77 .280 and we could hit pieces of clay birds at 211 yards using a bench and bags. He's considering changing out the reticle on his 2.5x8 VXIII for a thicker one. I have a Burris Signature 1.5x6 and the duplex reticle is ok. The only standard duplex I've had a problem with in the woods is Leupold's.
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein