Author Topic: 30-40krag AI  (Read 631 times)

Offline 1stshot

• Trade Count: (0)
30-40krag AI
« on: October 08, 2006, 04:21:34 PM »
i'm looking for set of used 30-40krag Ackley Improved 40degree shoulder reloading dies.   maybe one of you guys have a set collecting dust and need the space .  any info would be appreciated ,  thanks ....1stshot

Offline iiranger

• Contributor
Re: 30-40krag AI
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 09:14:20 AM »
eabco.com is chambering it. Used dies in a low demand like this one is a long shot. eabco has an arrangement with Redding, I think. Might be of some help. Huntington.com has the RCBS custom shop. Expensive. ch4d.com is usually much cheaper. Mr. Ackley wrote that in a sturdy rifle (NOT  a Krag), it could equal the preformance of the factory .300 H&H Mag ammunition. Of course, .300 H&H was held down for use in Africa and other hot places... just a little. Lee does a run of odd ball calibers once in a while. Might check there. LUCK.

Offline 1stshot

Re: 30-40krag AI
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 04:42:44 PM »
iiranger,  thanks for the info. i don't ever plan on reloading the round to that level as i'm settled with what i load it at which is just above factory rounds. i'm definately not going to hotrod it as the rifle and my life mean too much to destroy!   you did give me avenues for the die set. like i said just looking for a set. as of now i use a .30 cal neck die, and .30 cal bullet seater. am happy with that but just got the urge to have a full set of dies. surely you all know what its like to have these urges ;D.thanks again iiranger and i got to say what time i do get on this computor i enjoy graybeards emincely! have a great day fellas....1stshot