Author Topic: Someones trying to tell me something  (Read 445 times)

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Someones trying to tell me something
« on: October 16, 2006, 03:06:31 PM »
I'm just venting here, maybe I'll get a sympathetic ear or maybe make someone smile.

I've been looking to buy a remington 11-87. called the bass pro nearest me and they are too busy to look it up in the book so they say they will call me back. No call. Call again and the salesman looks the model up that I want and gives me a price, I tell him I'll come in the next day. when I get there he gave me the wrong price, the model I want is 200 dollars more! Try arguing about the price but I didn't even get the name of the guy I talked to on the phone so no luck. Reluctantly I pay for the gun. We have a waiting period in Illinois as well as the background check and the identification card which is also a background check but I won't go on about that. I wait the 24 hours and drive the hour back to the store and the state police didn't call in with the approval code for my applocation, so no shotgun. I call in the next day and the approval has been given, so I tell the guy I will come in the next weekend to pick up the gun. I drive back and the store closed early to do inventory! There was no sign the last time I was there, and the guy never mentioned this when I told him I would be coming to get the gun.; Now I have been trying to get a hold of the manager but he won't return my calls. I don't want to cancel the order because nobody around me has the same model in stock, and I don't have time to wait for it to be ordered.

Don't really know why I am leaving this post, just needed to vent.
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline Rogue Ram

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Someones trying to tell me something
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 06:39:03 PM »
Try to buy a gun when you're a cop and your drivers license comes back to your agency, not your house.......then explain it to the State Police doing the background check over the phone. Back when the FBI did it, I thought THEY were stupid.......then these people come along.. "well you've got a fraudulent drivers license"  ::) Sure. OK, I'll arrest myself. Now give me your supervisor....

I refuse to buy from gun stores any more, go through other cops that have their FFLs. Look on line, find an FFL dealer and stay away from those idiots, your stress level will come down, trust me.

Good luck

RR

Offline curdog

• GBO Sponsor
  • Contributor
    • http://www.havehogdogswilltravel.com
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 06:59:38 AM »
you boys have really had a bad day, it will get better,,,, i think, maybe, i don;t know, oh dang lets go have a beer
no hog to big for our dogs
-----------------------------
http://www.havehogdogswilltravel.com

Offline Questor

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 08:26:06 AM »
What a hassle! Hopefully things will turn around for you and you'll get better results.
Safety first

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 02:45:31 AM »
Now maybe, some folks will quit hasseling Walmart !...LOL
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)