Author Topic: taurus model 416 .41mag???  (Read 810 times)

Offline c mac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
taurus model 416 .41mag???
« on: May 02, 2003, 06:37:05 AM »
I was looking for a double action in 41mag. for hunting. the price of the ruger and the colt seem a bit more than I want to spend. The taurus ragging bull is made in Brazil. Is this an issue? What about accuracy and also fit and finish. It seems like I could buy one for around $500 new. Any imput would be great. Thanks.
c mac

Offline JohnK

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2003, 08:36:26 AM »
Most people who own Raging Bulls seem to really like them. The couple I've shot have been decent guns. A friends M44 full size 44 Mag (pre Raging Bull) has digested many very hot rounds without a problem.

Like every other company Taurus does turn out some lemons, examine the one you're going to buy closely before you put the money down and you should be Ok.

Offline c mac

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2003, 02:27:45 AM »
Why don't you like the porting? I know that it makes the gun bark more than non porting. In your opintion does it affect accuracy in or velocity in any way? One of my main things is that I  want a gun that is accurate. I fave a black hawk in 41 with a scope and the best that i can get is about 4 in. at 50 yards.

Offline 1badmagnum

• http://pub64.ezboard.com/fthedeserteaglefrm1
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2003, 12:58:47 PM »
I have a raging bull in 454 and a 41 magnum tracker.
both ported guns shoot great,and are dead nuts accurate at 25 yds.I consistantly land all 100 shots on the paper at this distance.
the 41 magnum is a stout caliber,and uses the same powder charge as 44 magnum.
If I would do it again,I would buy another raging bull in 41 magnum,the added size weight and strengh would improve the shootability of the gun.
the medium frame tracker may not hold up to continued use of high pressure rounds.
my handloads at 20 grains of h110 cause quite a bit of recoil,and are painful after shooting 100 rounds.
the raging bull I can shoot all day with no discomfort.