Author Topic: Doctors vs Guns ?  (Read 653 times)

Offline dr mac

• Trade Count: (0)
Doctors vs Guns ?
« on: October 15, 2006, 12:23:14 PM »
Yep, next time y'all get sick, especially from a life threatening illness, I expect you'll go to the gun range.

Yep, that what I thought.

Offline Casull

Re: Doctors vs Guns ?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 03:04:44 PM »
Nope, I'll certainly go to the doctor.  But, I like my chances of returning from the gun range a whole lot better. ;)
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline ed1921

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 08:31:01 AM »
Hey Doc,
People are just having fun goofing on statistics, some of which have been pushed by some doctor groups concerning guns.
I've actually seen my doctor at a local range.
In a medical emergency the local emerency room or trauma center would be my choice.
In a late night home invasion, I'll take my chances with a loaded weapon & the ability to use it.
Hopefully the trauma center won't be needed for me or my family. The other guy I'm not so sure I care much one way or the other.

Offline mykeal

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 08:44:00 AM »
Um, let's see...

Hey Dr. Mac - the next time someone follows my wife home late at night, or prowls around my house attempting to open windows, or threatens my local convenience store clerk, can I call you to come take care of it? How about just coming to my house to treat an illness?

No?

Well, I kinda thought so.

There is an epidemic in this country, and it isn't accidental deaths due to firearms, or even intentional gun violence.

Offline jro45

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 03:04:33 AM »
My hunting partner has a Drs. Degree in language. Is a professor at a state colledge. Him and I have hunted all over together.

Offline jhm

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 03:38:59 AM »
My personel Physician is a close friend of mine, he is a avid hunter in fact on a friday in which I was scheduled for a quad by-pass on the next mon. he informed me he was going to fly to Tx. for a weekend of dove hunting but he assured me he would be back in time on mon. for my surgery,  I asked if it would be possible for me to go with him and he said NO, I guess he just didnt want my company along. ;D   JIM  Ps we all have a occupation none better or worse than another, remember all of our pants go on one leg at a time.

Offline Camel 23

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 04:14:11 PM »
My hunting partner has a Drs. Degree in language. Is a professor at a state colledge. Him and I have hunted all over together.

Good thing your partner with the language degree isn't on the forum or he just might have corrected your last sentence. ;D  (And a lot of my spelling.)