Author Topic: wyoming antelope guide  (Read 1134 times)

Offline shooter

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
wyoming antelope guide
« on: August 09, 2006, 12:11:00 AM »
I'm looking into a 2007 Wyoming Antelope hunt.A bowhunt if we can find an outfitter hunting over watering holes with blinds.Does anyone here have any experience with any outfitters that they could recommend ? Again,not sure if we'll do bow or rifle.
Shooter
Shooter

Offline lewdogg21

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: wyoming antelope guide
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 09:27:26 AM »
Shooter - this may help

My dad and friend of his drew Wyoming Rifle tags in 01.  They went unguided but quickly realized that that would not be an issue b/c the goats were everywhere... literally.  They set up camp with a small camp buck nearby and both shot goats the first morning.  It was anti-climatic he said b/c they only each had one tag.  If your interested I can find out where he was. 

Offline shooter

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 06:15:34 PM »
lewdogg,
   no thanks,never been out there and would rather go with a guide and be pampered.I'd rather bowhunt and from a groundblind.Just getting into bowhunting after a 15 yr layoff from the sport.
Shooter
Shooter

Offline crow_feather

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 12:18:07 PM »
Try Allen Brothers Guide Service outta Lander Wyoming. Nice people.  They guided my party in the Red Desert area south of Lander when I used them and four of us had 5 goats in four hours. 

C F
IF THE WORLD DISARMED, WE WOULD BE SPEAKING THE LANGUAGE USED BY THE AGGRESSIVE ALIENS THAT LIVE ON THE THIRD MOON OF JUPITOR.

Offline shooter

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 10:39:12 PM »
Crow feather,
   thanks for the information.I'll give them a look-see.
Shooter
Shooter

Offline crow_feather

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 05:31:27 AM »
One other thing,

Lopes that eat sagebrush taste like sagebrush

lopes that eat other than sagebrush are fit for human consumption

C F
IF THE WORLD DISARMED, WE WOULD BE SPEAKING THE LANGUAGE USED BY THE AGGRESSIVE ALIENS THAT LIVE ON THE THIRD MOON OF JUPITOR.

Offline Coppertop

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 08:44:05 AM »
To add on to Crow Feather:::

He is 100% correct, But my issue with bowhunting goats is that the adrenaline goats put out makes them taste even worse. If you let a goat run after shooting it(especially the sagebrush goats) make them taste gamey and more like an old narled up sagebrush. Not to be uppety about it but a one shot instant kill is the only way to keep the meat edible.  For reference- i've been hunting and eating goats for about 18 years and it's just MHO

Offline Gusman14

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 04:58:39 PM »
If a goat runs, you better make sure that you have a lot of seasoning for it when you cook it.  Tacos, chilli and jerky are about all a goat is good for if he runs too much.  Just my $.02
Every cloud has a silver lining (except for the mushroom shaped ones, which have a lining of Iridium & Strontium 90)

Offline Cougarz

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 07:48:46 AM »
Try the Spearhead ranch.  Great people, great time when I went last year and lots of Antelope to choose from.  On my bowhunt all but one taken that week made Pope & Young.  They have gun hunts too.

Antelope taste bad?  I guess if you leave it in the sun for too long anything would go bad.  Personally I've never tasted a bad one. :)