Author Topic: 35 Antelope outside the house, even as I type.. guess I'll go out and...  (Read 883 times)

Offline Les Staley

• Trade Count: (0)
fill my last doe/fawn tag..  should be easy enough.. I'll eat supper first..  sun is going down,  they're about 400 yds from my front porch now,  drifting closer.. My wife says they've been all over my rifle range all day,  now that I'm home from work maybe I can do something about it.. report to follow.. (no pun intended)    Les

Offline Les Staley

Re: 35 Antelope outside the house, even as I type.. guess I'll go out and...
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 04:48:53 PM »
Got it done.   stalked, shot, dressed, hauled (four wheeler and trailer), hosed clean, hung, skinned and tagged.. cooling... nice cold night, about 27 degrees...    Later.. Les

Offline james

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 02:54:24 AM »
It must be nice to live where you can shoot game off your porch.  I'm lucky if I can shoot a squirrel around my house without someone calling 911.
james

Offline Les Staley

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 04:53:26 PM »
James:  It is no accident that I live here.. started here in Wyoming in a subdivision,  (three acre lot).. couldn't shoot there.. my wife desired a log home, which I would be willing to build for her, IF I could do it on some ag. acerage of my choice.. found 35 acres on state highway bordering BLM and a ranch (which I am on good terms with)..22 miles out of Pinedale.. built a 200 yd range with bench rest,  have a couple of gongs on BLM east of the house.. (and a log house too, as per bargain).. have shot coyotes out both front and back door, antelope here all the time,  come up to water from the sprinkler system..  even had a couple of moose run up the driveway..    Les

Offline corbanzo

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 03:00:13 PM »
I cant wait till i move from the city (ok, its a city in alaska of 3000 and i have to walk 20 minutes to be in hunting ground, so i dont really count) out to the property...  no one for miles, literaly...  hunt everything off the front porch.
"At least with a gun that big, if you miss and hit the rocks in front of him it'll stone him to death..."

Offline Les Staley

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 03:40:52 PM »
Corbanzo:  I know what you mean.. my son and I just came back from Alaska.. dall sheep and grizz hunt.. both got our rams.  didn't see any grizz... flew into Anchorage and took shuttle up to Healey..saw a moose right in Anchorage just before daylight..  from the shuttle bus.  hope your future move works out well for you.. go for it..   Les