Author Topic: Fall 07 Elk hunt  (Read 1108 times)

Offline WARPhEAGLE

• Trade Count: (0)
Fall 07 Elk hunt
« on: December 19, 2006, 03:58:34 PM »
My brother and I are interested in going on an Elk hunt next fall, but we know very little about picking a good area
for success or picking a good outfitter. Any recommendations would be appreciated. (rifle Hunters)

Steve

Offline ralphk

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Fall 07 Elk hunt
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 07:08:18 AM »
Hello. My son and I had a good elk/deer hunt with Elk Creek Outfitters of Heron, MT. I shot a small 5X5 elk on the last day of the hunt and my son shot a real nice, heavy dark mulie on the second day of the hunt. It was the week before Thanksgiving, 05. The elk on the last day were the only game I saw, my son saw quite a few elk and mulies but most were too far away or as the game went into the woods. There were 12 guys in camp. Five elk were taken two of which were nice 6x6s the rest were small 5x. Three other nice mulies and 2 average whitetails. The accomadations were very good. Food was average, it was good and filling but not like some of the goumet stuff you see on TV. Several of the guys rebooked before they left. Most of the guys that shot deer beside my son were only looking for deer. Everyone was very friendly. Mostly public property for the elk (although the mulies also came from public land) the whitetails came from private property. Most of the guides seemed to be very knowledgeable and friendly. One guide, Calvin who dealt with the horse hunts, was not well spoken of as being not too aggressive nor socialble. He is very knowledgeable and experienced he lacks certain people skills. You can find them on the web so give Brent a call. You really don't have alot of time for some states because you need to get in by a certain date. I think CO is the only over the counter elk state but I could be wrong abount that. Good luck, Ralph.
Freedom is NOT free!

Offline BLASERMAN

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Fall 07 Elk hunt
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 11:49:17 AM »
  Try this guy Butch Mielinger 610-533- 7473   Huntwithbutch .com    he has a grate hunt in Colarado .Very high sucess rate.