Author Topic: Tracker I all sighted in!  (Read 485 times)

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Tracker I all sighted in!
« on: October 29, 2006, 12:30:31 PM »
FINALLY....Got out to the range today and sighted in the Tracker I.  About a 1/4 turn to center the windage and about 6 clicks on the elevation and a few minor posture adjustments on my part and she's on...Dead Center at 50 yards.  What a beautiful day, too.  About 50 and lots of sun and barely a wind.  It felt good to finally get out and shoot.  Next weekend is the Deer Opener for firearms, here in Minnesota and I can hardly wait.  My grandsons are here tonight so it looks to be a good day right to the end.  SOME DAYS YA GET LUCKY.

cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: Tracker I all sighted in!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 04:04:04 PM »
Sounds good, Cookieman! What slug are you using? I just got a Tracker II barrel a couple weeks ago, but haven't shot it yet. I was trying to find some Rottweil Brenneke's, but cant find any except for the Brenneke USA's. The USA's never shot as good for some reason in my 12, maybe I should try 'em in the 20.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 09:24:35 PM »
My Tracker I seems to like the Remington Sluggers...2 3/4", 1800fps.  That's good 'cause I can usually find them for under $3/box.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline FLNT4EVR

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 10:24:46 AM »
I took mine back to the range yesterday after the wind died down.I had put an o-ring on the barrel stud also,just to see if it would affect anything. That little gun shot a 4 leaf clover at 50 yds ,and the group measured an honest 1 1/2  inches .I was shooting my favorites , 2 3/4  Rem sluggers also.
" Act civilized...even if you ain't " 

" I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people , and I require the same from them. "
                                  John Wayne, "The Shootist"

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 11:37:19 AM »
Thanks guys for your accuracy with the smoothbores. I have always said a good smoothbore (read H&R/NEF Tracker I) is all you need for deer out to 50-70 yards and you can do it with slugs on sale for as little as $1.99 a box that normally sell for $3-$4 a box instead of $15-$18 a box for sabots. True if you want to reach out 125 to 200 yards you are better ff with a Tracker II but for my hunting a Tracker I is just fine thank you...it is meat in the freezer if you do your part....<><.... :)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley