Author Topic: Kahr P45 Point of Impact  (Read 750 times)

Offline Rayco3

• Trade Count: (0)
Kahr P45 Point of Impact
« on: June 29, 2006, 06:36:05 AM »
I recently picked up one of these and put almost 200 rounds through it the other day without a flaw.  The only problem was that at 7 yards my shots were consistently grouping 6-8 inches below point of aim (and a little to the left, but not enough to be concerned with).  Anyone had similar results and if so, what did you do?  I was thinking of sending it to Kahr and having the V rear and dot front tritium sights installed, but didn't know if that would just make things worse.  Any thoughts would be helpful.  Thanks.

Offline rockbilly

Kahr P45 Point of Impact
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 07:37:55 AM »
:D Rayco3 writes "my shots were consistently grouping 6-8 inches below point of aim (and a little to the left, but not enough to be concerned with)."

I would be concerned,  If it is off that much at seven yards, think where you shot placement will be a 25 yards.  In a SHTF situation that could make the difference in taking out a bad guy or hitting the child standing next to him.

In my opinion, it it won't hit point of aim, then you don't have an effective weapon for personal protection. :roll:

Offline rockbilly

Kahr P45 Point of Impact
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 07:40:25 AM »
D Rayco3 writes "my shots were consistently grouping 6-8 inches below point of aim (and a little to the left, but not enough to be concerned with)."

I would be concerned,  If it is off that much at seven yards, think where your shot placement will be a 25 yards.  In a SHTF situation that could make the difference in taking out a bad guy or hitting the child standing next to him.

In my opinion, it it won't hit point of aim, then you don't have an effective weapon for personal protection.:roll:

Offline KN

Kahr P45 Point of Impact
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 11:56:19 AM »
You didn't say what load you are using. If its a light bullet that can explain the low hits. Try several types of ammo and weights befre doing any thing rash. It may just be that particular ammo.   KN

Offline Old Griz

Re: Kahr P45 Point of Impact
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 10:26:04 PM »
I'd try a few different loads of factory self-defense ammo and see where it patterns. If you consistantly get groups that are that low, I'd be worried.

Had an automatic once (.40 EAA Witness) that shot 7 in. high, 6 in. right at 7.5 yards. Needless to say, you couldn't hit the target at 25 yards. Took it back to my dealer and traded it in (at a big $ loss) on a S&W 19. Now that's a fine shootin' gun!
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline ccoker

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
    • www.tacticalgunreview.com
Re: Kahr P45 Point of Impact
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 08:59:07 AM »
I recently picked up one of these and put almost 200 rounds through it the other day without a flaw.  The only problem was that at 7 yards my shots were consistently grouping 6-8 inches below point of aim (and a little to the left, but not enough to be concerned with).  Anyone had similar results and if so, what did you do?  I was thinking of sending it to Kahr and having the V rear and dot front tritium sights installed, but didn't know if that would just make things worse.  Any thoughts would be helpful.  Thanks.

Are you sure it's not you anticipating the shot and pulling low and to the left
give it to someone else and let them shoot it
or, slip a dunmy round in the middle of the mag and see what happens when you pull the trigger on the dummy round (without knowing which one it is)