Author Topic: gamo vs pig  (Read 484 times)

Offline jamaldog87

• Trade Count: (0)
gamo vs pig
« on: April 17, 2007, 01:20:30 PM »
i posted this in 3 places so everyone could read it.

well we had been setting around think about if kill a pig with a .177cal airgun could be done.  well after some talk the doc as we call him said" i going to do it and see whats what" and he ask for me and tom to help out because we have hunted pigs alot. we got at his house the next day and we came with the best guns for pigs. I had my noble 12 with ball and deer slugs, tom had a 45/70 lever gun and the doc had his Dakota traveler in 375H&H and his gamo HUNTER 890S with steel tip daisy and GAMO  Rockets. so this pig was going to die. we got to the grounds were most time we hunt beaver and nutria but there were lots of pigs here. the doc got up in a tree stand by a feeder for deer. me and tom were by the bottom of the tree. I had only had one slug for my shotgun so i was useing his 375H&H( which i hoped not to fire) well after 5 hours one small pig came to the feeder and was kill with one shot to the head at 20 yards with  a rocket.  the pig was only 15 pounds but a kills a kill. so yes you can kill a pig at close range with steel tip pellet with a 177cal gun but unless you got some real heat don't do it.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Re: gamo vs pig
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 07:04:34 AM »
thanks for sharing.   cool story.