Author Topic: My First Fishing Trip  (Read 1583 times)

Offline Mrs Graybeard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
My First Fishing Trip
« on: December 19, 2002, 06:55:22 PM »
When I was growing up we would spent our vacation at the King Fish Lodge at Bon Secour Bay.  The first thing that I ever caught was an electric eel with my uncle's brand new rod and reel and if my dad had not been behind me it would have went into the water.  It took dad and my uncle awhile before they could get me to go back fishing with them again.
Kind hearts are gardens, Kind thoughts are roots, Kind words are blossoms, Kind deeds are fruits.

Offline 1911crazy

Re: My First Fishing Trip
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2002, 01:04:12 PM »
Quote from: Mrs Graybeard
When I was growing up we would spent our vacation at the King Fish Lodge at Bon Secour Bay.  The first thing that I ever caught was an electric eel with my uncle's brand new rod and reel and if my dad had not been behind me it would have went into the water.  It took dad and my uncle awhile before they could get me to go back fishing with them again.

When I was a kid we went fishing from shore in the Long Iland Sound (saltwater) off an old lighthouse point it was dark at night one of us caught an EEL it had to be over 6' long it went crazy all over and finally got away in the rocks back into the water. I can still see this thing in my mind as if it was yesterday boy the fishing trips we remember when we were kids. I thought it was a snake I have never seen an eel.                                                             BigBill

Offline Mrs Graybeard

• A Real Regular
My First Fishing Trip
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2002, 08:09:08 PM »
BigBill,

I had never seen an eel either and I thought I had caught a snake and I knew that I didn't want it in the boat with me. I remember seeing the shrimp boats on the bay and the dolphins following behind them.
One time I caught a fish that barked at me and I think it was called a mudpuppy. It was the strangest looking fish that I had ever seen.  The pier at the lodge had lights on it and we would sat on the pier and watch the jellyfish at night.  I have alot of fond memories of our vacations at Bon Secour Bay.
Kind hearts are gardens, Kind thoughts are roots, Kind words are blossoms, Kind deeds are fruits.