Author Topic: My boys are costing me big time  (Read 987 times)

Offline stimpylu32

• Trade Count: (67)
My boys are costing me big time
« on: November 19, 2006, 08:11:55 AM »
Not only did my oldest con me into taking the day off to go rabbit hunting { sundays are 2x days } i also had to pay for the shells , gas and lunch . but it was well worth it even though we did not see a thing . or put it this way .

Shells 10.00
Gas    20.00
Food  15.00
Lost wages XXXX
Spending time with the oldest boy PRICELESS
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline GregP42

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • A Real Regular
Re: My boys are costing me big time
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 11:16:41 AM »
Stimpy,

It is always costing to take the kids out shooting  :D Glad to see you have gotten out some at least, remember, Monday after Thanksgiving is opening day for gun season for deer.

Greg

NRA Life Member
"Those who sacrifice essential liberty for temporary safety are not deserving of either liberty or safety."  - Ben Franklin, 1776
Vis Sis Mis!

Offline jpsmith1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 12:53:39 PM »
You'll never get these days back.  Once they are gone, the cost can't be counted in dollars.  You made the right choice.

My boys are just getting to the age where they are taking an interest in daddy's hobbies.  PA has started a Mentored Youth Hunting program where I can take my boys hunting.  There is no lower age limit and no license required for the kid.  I'll probably take the older one out after bushytails on turkey day.  My 3 year old isn't quite ready yet.
Searching for the perfect left handed revolver.....

Offline BrianM

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 02:59:12 PM »
Good for you ! I spent today with my oldest too . We were trying to take advantage of Ohio's youth deer gun season . We saw some deer but he didn't get a shot , all we got was cold and wet . Still , the time spent will always be remembered ! He's at the age now where it seems he always has something better to do than hang out with dad . I always enjoy days spent hunting with my kids .

Offline Hairtrigger

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 12:54:39 AM »
only$20 for gas, you must hunt clost to home   ;D

Offline .54

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 03:22:35 AM »
I remember once when out hunting with my dad he told me that there would come a day when he would ask me to go hunting and I'd say no because I had a date. I said no way dad, I will always want to go hunting with you.
Well years later my dads prediction came true. I got to an age where I sometimes chose to chase the girls rather than to chase deer & rabbits with my dad.

Now the tables have turned and here I am hunting with my own sons. When they were younger they never passed up a chance to hunt with the old man but now they have girlfriends and wives to occupy their time. I still keep asking them to go though and even though we don't hunt together as often as we used to, the times we do get to hunt together are very special to me. I took my girlfriends 10 year old grandson to hunter education class and on his first deer hunt this past weekend. I told him that when he gets older and has children of his own he needs to do the same with them and pass on what he learned while hunting with me.

You're right those times spent with your son are worth every penny and more.

Offline Catfish

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 10:26:36 AM »
Looks like you really made out on that hunt. Only $45 plus a days wages and you got a freezer full of meat. Your going to complain about haveing to buy a new freezer to keep all the meat in next.  ;D

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 02:58:02 PM »
yu made  the right choice, i miss my boys everyday, and we did a lot when they were home, id pay anything now to have a few of the fun times back , ,

Offline Hairtrigger

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 02:12:23 AM »
We had a local boy, 12years old, get killed on an atv.
Don't go crazy but don't think about cost either. Just spend TIME

Offline stimpylu32

• Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 11:18:30 AM »
Shaner

remember the good old days when dad knew everything , and was somewere between the Shell awnser man and the worlds greatest hero . thank god i still have a 4 year old .  ;)

Hairtrigger

As a father that has lost a child at an early age , my heart goes out to the parents of that boy , there will be a void that can never be filled .  :'( :'(
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2006, 11:49:15 AM »
yur got that right stimply ,  i lost one  very early after he was born , just a few months  but hes still missed, shel answer man ??? hadnt  heard that one in years