Author Topic: New Handi Owner, need help with scope ring height  (Read 359 times)

Offline okies

• Trade Count: (0)
New Handi Owner, need help with scope ring height
« on: December 06, 2006, 12:32:45 PM »
New Handi owner here, I just ordered a new Bushnell Banner scope for the Handi, I now need a set of rings. How tall rings should I get to make it easy and safe to thumb the hammer? Do I need High or maybe even see thru rings for this. Any help appreciated.

Okies

Offline dixiedog

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: New Handi Owner, need help with scope ring height
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 12:43:00 PM »
I used medium rings on my ultra 243 and I have the simmons 6.5x20x50 on my ultra.---Thank's.

Offline kennyd

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 01:21:56 PM »
How big is the end bell? (What Caliber?)  You don't want rings any higher than necessary.  If you have an open sight, you may want the see thru, otherwise get the lowest you can. 
just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they are not watching you

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 02:12:58 PM »
The interference point will be the hammer and power ring or ocular bell, even 50mm objectives aren't a problem. I use medium Burris Signature Zee rings almost exclusively, sometime highs are required, but their highs are equal to most mediums at .420" tall, medium Sig Zees are .270 tall. There are a couple alternatives too, see my low profile modifications link in the FAQ and Help sticky. And Welcome aboard!!! ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain